Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HTTR24-7:Redskins Review: Safeties ..OP UPDATED (2/5): FA REVIEW: Corey Lynch, Kenny Phillips

Lavarleap56

Has he ever had injury problems before this year?

This is really his first season with the injuriy bug and it affected him most of the year until he was out indefinately. I should have said "Merriweather can't seem to stay healthy.":)

---------- Post added February-7th-2013 at 02:46 AM ----------

Nope.

Seems more like bad luck and two bad fields than him being injury prone. No one could expect to get taken out by your own teammate in pre-game like that.

I also think people don't realize we basically have nothing but strong safeties on our roster, and that's the whole problem with our safety group in general. Not sure adding another strong safety to that group would fix anything, especially if/when Meriweather is healthy and playing again.

I like Corey Lynch. By the info that LL has provided, I think he would be a great FS fit for our team.

Hmm, I recognize that table from somewhere...

spongebob_large.jpg

Nice write-up, as always. I haven't watched enough of him to comment on his fit for this offense, but your conclusion seems very sound. My biggest concern with him was definitely injury, he's missing around 5 games a season with knee problems, which would make me very wary.

Still hoping we snag Lynch, of course.

Hmm, I recognize that table from somewhere...

http://local-static1.forum-files.fobby.net/forum_attachments/0015/6176/spongebob_large.jpg

Nice write-up, as always. I haven't watched enough of him to comment on his fit for this offense, but your conclusion seems very sound. My biggest concern with him was definitely injury, he's missing around 5 games a season with knee problems, which would make me very wary.

Still hoping we snag Lynch, of course.

HaHa.. I saved the injury table a week or so ago via ES.. I can not remember in what thread or who I saved it from, bugs me because I wanted to credit them.

HaHa.. I saved the injury table a week or so ago via ES.. I can not remember in what thread or who I saved it from, bugs me because I wanted to credit them.

I actually made that table, a quick and dirty job in excel haha. I posted it in the FA thread. I'm glad it was of some use, though I realize now that it's incomplete, I didn't even have Lynch on there :doh1:

I actually made that table, a quick and dirty job in excel haha. I posted it in the FA thread. I'm glad it was of some use, though I realize now that it's incomplete, I didn't even have Lynch on there :doh1:

I gotta admit, the "24, arrow(s) to knee" cracked me up. :ols:

Weird thought....anyone think Niles Paul can play safety? Coach seems to love his "football player" type approach...probably not a starter but hey, he's fast, likes to hit (special teams) and can sort of catch the ball...outside of Lorenzo being our #1 jack of all trades, i'd say nile is right there with him at #2. (TE, WR)

i dont know....like i said, weird thought.

Anyone ever heard of a WR to FS transition?

Darrellgreenie- just curious, do you think its a matter of awareness? Like because he has never had played the position, let alone defense etc, that he couldn't do it? I guess it makes sense..DBs have to back pedal, turn their hips, track the ball...... etc. Just seems he has (decent) ball skills..and could fill in in a pinch. Never played football..so I have no concept of how hard a transition that may be...

Good research LL...s'nice to have something redskins related with some depth to it. Preciate it.

I've seen Phillips play and knew that he was athletic, but after having watched that highlight reel of him I've come to realize that he's even more athletic than I had originally thought.

Oh, it was kind of weird/funny watching Witten give up on that one pass the way he did in that highlight.

---------- Post added February-7th-2013 at 09:13 PM ----------

BTW LL great read.

Archived