Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

12/26 ESPNSC RGIII Live News Conference

DeadExField

RG3 and Redskins vs Dallas talk coming up on ESPN momentarily for news conference

edit: on now as of 1:57 PM

2:02 PM: Talking about the past 15 years of fail

2:03 PM: Talking about RGIII growing up, proven to be a downfield passer, 50% of 20+ yard passes (leading league)

Damian Woody:

"Dallas has edge at QB"

"Redskins have edge at RB, between tackles physicality"

"Dallas has edge at WR, D.Bryant playing out of his mind"

"Redskins have edge at front 7 on defense"

"Dallas has edge in secondary in Carr and Claiborne"

Cut to RGIII at podium at 2:06 PM

RGIII:

"Sensing how fans feel, doing it for the fans, fans will make sure the stadium is electric and looking forward to home field advantage"

"Whenever you play the moment up too big it becomes too big you can't grab a hold of it, we just have to go out and win a football game"

"We're creeping up, hand it to Alfred, I think people are starting to realize we have something special here, we have so many multiple things we can do to confuse a defense"

"Make sure you get them more than they get you"

"You don't say something you don't believe in, going into the bye you don't freak out in a situation like that.. we expect to go finish it, the mindset from practice to the game"

"Playing in primetime is all the same for me, everyone is going to give it their best shot"

"My knee is fine, whatever I feel like I can do, I'll be able to do more against the Cowboys than I did against Philly"

"Pierre has been awesome, when he's in the game he's a difference maker for us, Pierre brings that attitude to the receiving corp"

"We've never looked at a game thinking we can lose, we control our own destiny and it's out time to do that"

"As a captain, I told the guys don't play this up so big, approach it the same way you have been, don't play scared"

"We all want to play well on the big stage"

"I was never a fan, I'm a Washington Redskins, hopefully I will be for the rest of my life"

"They've done a good job being creative, creating new ways to confuse a defense"

"The balance we've kept is good"

"It'd be an honor to be selected for the pro bowl, you don't play for awards, those just come. Team success comes first"

2:16 cut back to SC

Damian Woody:

"Redskins win this game. The Redskins have identity on offense. #1 rushing, rarely turn over the ball, own the clock, defense is playing a lot better as of late."

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo

Griffin says the pressure of last six weeks will benefit the Redskins because they remain in same situation.

---------- Post added December-26th-2012 at 02:13 PM ----------

Grant Paulsen @granthpaulsen

Robert Griffin: "If you play big on big stages, people tend to write good things about you." #Redskins

Geez, watching him live and he is really twitchy, swaying back and forth, like either he doesn't want to be there or his leg is bothering him.

My bet is he doesn't want to be there. I don't blame him. Saw the knee comment, that's really all I wanted to know from this. My biggest concern was him getting away from the Dallas pressure considering how many times they were hitting him in the Thanksgiving Day game.

Archived