Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas @ Washington 2 Tix, LL, Sec 113, ROW 9, Seats 11 & 12 For Sale

3 Rings

i thought the rule was to sell tickets for no more then 20 percent over face value. i guess that rule went out the window this week.

Although I don't know if it's an actual rule or just a guideline for this forum, I agree. There are other sites that are more appropriate for making a profit. Here, we're helping out other Skins fans ... (and those who have gone "over the top" have been called out here)

my 0.02

A family member buys tickets for a game for you through a website and has to pay far more than face value, the game gets flexed and you turn down large sums of money from Cowboy fans to sell them to Redskins fans. All of that and you still get BS from some people. Hilarious. Enjoy yourselves and your .02. That's my .02.

3 rings ill pay $250 a piece i dont know what everyone else is offering, i know you can get more but i dont think i can swing more than that

---------- Post added December-27th-2012 at 11:33 AM ----------

or i can give you 200 or so a piece and the RG3 jersey i just got for xmas, i got two different jerseys so i dont mind parting with one. Its the gold lettered 80th anniversary one

---------- Post added December-27th-2012 at 11:33 AM ----------

or i can give you 200 or so a piece and the RG3 jersey i just got for xmas, i got two different jerseys so i dont mind parting with one. Its the gold lettered 80th anniversary one

I guess so everyone is satisfied and so I don't set any improper "precedents", I will describe exactly what happened with these tickets. I don't mind doing that though it seems ludicrous to do so.

I never specified any amount of money for them by the way so those of you assuming I came on to scalp them are incorrect. I said in my op that we could swing a deal and they would only go to a Skins fan. The VERY FIRST message I got was from the person who ultimately bought them. That person made an offer and I didn't make any counter offer. I'm sure that what that person offered and paid would appall many of you but that's your problem. The second offer I got was from a Cowboys can offering well in excess of $1000 and I turned them down. The first guy finally came up with the funds through Paypal and the deal was done. My fiancé bought these tix for me for Christmas for nearly $600 through stubhub. I essentially sold my Christmas present after the game was flexed. I could care less that your family had season tix for 40 years and you have them away for face value. I don't have season tix.

But hey thanks for b****ing about it. HTTR. I'll be rooting for our team Sunday and I live our fans but people just suck these days.

I made the OP and had an offer instantly. You want to whine about me accepting that offer, fine. I don't care. Everyone wonders how other teams invade fed-ex...this is how. You can't please anyone, even if you try to sell to Skins fans. Next time I will just sell them to a cowboys fan for $1500 they offered since I'm still getting ****ed at by Redskins fans. Thanks for the lesson.

3 Rings, don't worry about it...you didn't "price gouge" anyone in the OP because you didn't set a price.

The main reason folks are complaining is because advertising here is free, that you can sell tickets and find buyers without paying Stubhub fees, charges, etc. This is why the general guideline is Face + 20%, since you're taking advantage of free advertising. The counter argument being that if you don't like the guideline, go sell it somewhere else and pay fees.

However, we also aren't used to our team having this much success, or playing for much at the end of the season. The prices tickets are being offered at right now are incredibly high, so much so that you would make more money on other sites regardless of the fees, so it makes the guideline a little awkward, or counter to human nature, which is to get what you can :ols:

Honestly, if you were just trying to recoup the original expenses, it might have been better to just say so up front. I'm sure you would have had a ton of offers at $600 for the pair. Clearly, you did even better than that, and you broke no rules doing so.

Don't go selling to Cowboys fans in the future ;)

I'm just going to chime in and say I don't really fault 3 Rings.

He didn't come in like that one guy saying he would ask for exorbitant amounts of money and then take a snarky attitude about "if the price is too high, no big deal I'll sell them on stubhub". He offered and took the first offer that came to the table.

I think people should lay off a little bit. It's definitely one thing to advertise a ridiculous price and quite another to post and take the first offer you get. If he really was looking to make a buck, why wouldn't he wait it out and see what other offers he gets?

I'm glad the seats went to a 'Skins fan.

Agreed.

It cant go both ways. Simple economics dictate the price. It's supply and demand. And if he didnt start a bidding war (he didnt) he did nothing wrong. A silent auction, without trying to get somebody else to out bid? There is nothing unfair about that at all.

And just because we want to go to the game without spending an arm and a leg doesn't mean that the seller should do that for us either.

I don't like discouraging sellers to sell on this board for big games like this because they may be willing to charge way less than stubhub or Ebay, but still get more than face value. That would be fine with me. Maybe the sellers should go to stubhub and see the lowest priced ticket for the zone they are trying to sell and offer it here for like 25% less. They would take a 15% hit selling it on stubhub, so it would be like they were giving us 10% less than they would get, but it would be closer to 35% less than we would have to pay on stubhub after fees and service charges. If Redskins tickets are going to be in high demand for a while, we may want to consider changing the rules to the classifieds or it will be rare to see tickets listed.

Again, I'm advocating that the seller get a fair price for the tickets, but also that the buyer gets them for cheaper than they can be found on the web.

Agreed.

It cant go both ways. Simple economics dictate the price. It's supply and demand. And if he didnt start a bidding war (he didnt) he did nothing wrong. A silent auction, without trying to get somebody else to out bid? There is nothing unfair about that at all.

Good point. We've seen some postings that start out asking for a high amount which was not the case so, in the end, it really doesn't matter what it winds up being.

It all depends on how one views each forum for selling items. I see ES Classifieds as helping our fellow fans, especially in crunch time, ahead of intentionally seeking the mega-profit ... (wanted to rephrase since the OP simply solicited best offer sans the bidding war)

again, my 0.02 ... LOL

Archived