Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: Trent Williams: "I want to be dominant"

themurf

Seemed like around the time that he was drafted, the board was 50/50 Okung/Williams

I don't remember Williams even being in the discussion. It was all about "Do we take Okung to play LT or fill some other position?" The Williams pick surprised and upset a lot of people.

I don't remember Williams even being in the discussion. It was all about "Do we take Okung to play LT or fill some other position?" The Williams pick surprised and upset a lot of people.

I think there were a lot of people who said that he'd be the perfect fit for our system. Maybe in the beginning everyone wanted Okung, but it seemed like the closer we got to the draft and more info came out about WIlliams, the more some people seemed to be on board with it. I could be wrong though.

Trent Williams is a grown ass man. His development has been HUGE for the offense this year. As has, I think, the growth and cohesion by the OL overall. Slide a legit RT in there and we have the makings of a VERY good offensive line for years to come... (The other three guys arent as young as Trent, but at 27 (Lich) and 29 (Monty and Chester) they are in their primes and should have several good years left. Not to mention we've got a stable of young guys waiting in the wings.

I didn't realize Chester was only 29. He looks 137!

Great piece again. There was a similar piece last year with Trent when he said he was 'striving to be the best'...

Well, he's having an outstanding season in 2012, justifiying his selection atop of the 2010 draft.

Something I've noticed, again in yesterdays game, is that he seems to have a great relationship with RG3. Several times, I've noticed him & RG3 embracing / celebrating after a score. I know many players do this, but its appears (to me anyway) that those two are pretty close. I've also noticed Trent busting his ass on broken plays to nail defenders anywhere near RG3 on the scramble.

I'm not saying that's totally out of the ordinary, but I love the fact we have a LT/QB combo like we have right now. Damn, we are set fair for years to come at two critical positions.

His development over the next few years seems like it's going to be phenomenal. That is saying a lot considering the level he's at already. Very glad to have him on our team. We have so much youth, depth, talent, and leadership right now, its impossible to not be excited.

It is impossible. Mike Shanahan has assembled a group of guys who absolutely hate to lose, and the best part about it? They're all young and will be together for years and years.

Can't wait to get four of those guys in their prime - Carriker, Orakpo, Fred Davis and Helu - back as well. They will make us even more dangerous and efficient. Not to mention whatever additions we make through Free Agency (Mike has targeted younger up and comers there) and the draft this offseason.

We just might actually dominate next year. It's not only possible, but probable so long as Mike keeps his batting average the same as it's been thus far in selecting players.

For the first time in forever we actually have a legitimate chance to dominate and we don't need to qualify it with "well, as long as this move works out" or "as long as we stay healthy".

Archived