Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012-2013 Fantasy Basketball Thread

Going Commando

What is the deal with Auction Drafts on Auto-Draft? I feel like some of us (not sure where most live) will lose power tmr.

It autobids for you based on the dollar values you set for each players. It will go up to that dollar amount. It sucks actually, you end up with guys you didn't really want.

Yeah, we're going to lose power.

****I'm going to preemptively move the auction back to Thursday evening and we're going to start our season scoring on week 2.**** Hopefully all of us will have power back by then. If by Thursday I don't hear from most of you around Thursday, I'll move the draft back again.

---------- Post added October-28th-2012 at 08:27 PM ----------

****. I can't change the draft right now or set the schedule because we currently have an odd number of members. Let me monkey around with this...

---------- Post added October-28th-2012 at 08:32 PM ----------

Auction has been rescheduled for Thursday, Nov. 1 at 7:00 PM EST

League scoring has been rescheduled to begin Sunday, Nov. 4th.

So we need one more by tmr?

Yeah. One more is ideal. If we don't get it, we will have to keep it roto style scoring where there are no H2H matchups or playoffs, just the guy with the most points at the end of the year wins.

That's not the end of the world, but I could see a problem arising where there are only like 2 or 3 true contenders near the end of the year.

Another thing I could try would be to take the password away now that we've got all of our guys in. That might work in getting a random public player to join.

I have a buddy who can join but he said he cant do the draft tmrw since he has class.

The latest I want to move it back is Friday but that's not ideal. It's hard to catch people on the weekend. And if we wait until next week, that's already a week of scoring to base your draft on. Takes a lot of the challenge out of it.

How many people are going to be able to do the draft on Friday night? If it's more than a couple that can't, I'm not going to postpone it from Thursday.

Hey guys, the auction is approaching and I'm going to go ahead and move it back to tomorrow. I haven't heard back or seen posts from several of the members of the league so I'm assuming a lot of people still don't have power.

It's no big deal. We'll shoot for tomorrow if possible. If a bunch of people's power is still down, then we'll pick a time over the weekend. Probably won't be able to push it back any further than that though. The main thing is we want as many people to be present for the auction as possible because it really blows when a computer program picks your team.

Also skinsfan2k, would this allow your friend to join since the auction won't be tonight? If so, please invite him so we can get our 10th member.

What time tomorrow Steve?

7:00. I could do it as early as 5:30 if that's fine with others. I've been scheduling it at 7 on weekdays to give people time to commute but if people are available, we don't have to wait. An auction for an 11 man team will probably take an hour if people make their nominations in a timely fashion.

Am I understanding the league settings correctly? You lose a points for every field goal & free throw attempted (make or miss)

Or do you only lose points on missed shots?

-1 for every attempt

+1 for every make

+1 for every point scored

-.5 for every FTA

+.5 for every FTM

+1 for every point scored

The net effect is you lose points for misses. It's how you account for FG% in points format. It's a little lighter on a poor FG% than I wanted but there is no better way. You have to punish low efficiency volume scorers for chucking. You can't have Monta Ellis being one of the best players in your fantasy league. It's too big a break from reality.

BTW guys, I changed the points for blocks and steals too.

It was +3 per block and steal before. Now it's just +2. I didn't want to place undo emphasis on the stats because it was making guys like Noah and Trevor Ariza far too powerful. Those guys are not franchise players and they shouldn't be in the same scoring range as LeBron.

Plus steals and blocks tend to be super over valued as is. They don't mean you're playing good or valuable defense necessarily. It would reward gambling and screwing over your team defense too much.

Still at 7? I'm questionable. Go had to go to work, with mass transit out of commission, I'm at the mercy of her schedule. May not be back in time for this......

That's fine. I appreciate your letting me know what's up.

We'll move it back to the weekend some time. What's a good time for everybody over the weekend?

---------- Post added November-2nd-2012 at 06:05 PM ----------

How many people are going to be available Sunday? I can do either Saturday or Sunday, but I figured Sunday is typically easier to get people. Are many people going to the Skins game? If not, maybe we could do the Auction around 4 or 5 PM? Weekends are tough, I understand how it is. Hopefully we can get something that works out.

I'll be at the Skins game so I probably won't get home til 6 or so. I'm already missing one draft at 4 on Sunday that I'm having my brother do for me. He knows pretty much nothing about the NBA and this league has keepers and a salary cap. Needless to say, I have to give him a very detailed draft preparation report. I might as well be on the phone with him the whole time. Only 6 picks though.

Archived