Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012-2013 Fantasy Basketball Thread

Going Commando

Everybody is joined up.

Auction is in 20 minutes fellas. It's gonna be fun.

Try and get in a few minutes early to familiarize yourself with the draft interface.

Also, keep in mind we're doing points scoring format, so don't use roto rankings to help you pick out your team.

Alright, let's do this.

Auction is complete. There are some changes to announce.

First, we got our tenth member and now we're set for H2H points scoring. That means you get a weekly matchup starting each Monday. At the end of the week, the team with the most points gets a W and moves to 1-0, fantasy football style.

At the end of the year, the four teams with the best records will have a two week playoff during weeks 22 and 23 of the NBA season.

-----------------------------

Changes to the waiver system:

We're doing an acquisition budget with blind bidding for free agents now.

You get 100 dollars to blind bid on waiver wire players. Tie breaks go to the team with the worse record. You have a maximum of three waiver acquisitions per week. Every player on waivers has a 2 day waiting period to give everyone a chance to bid on them.

---------------------------

Just to reiterate, trades are subject to league vote. You have two days to vote on a trade. A trade will not be processed if it gets a majority of No votes

---------------------------

League scoring is set to begin tomorrow. So set your lineups ASAP.

---------- Post added November-4th-2012 at 09:48 PM ----------

Also, I'm feeling good about my team:

PG: Kyle Lowry

SG: Monta Ellis/Manu Ginobli

G: Steph Curry/Tony Parker/Tyreke Evans

SF: James Harden

PF: Blake Griffin

F: DeMarcus Cousins

C: Tim Duncan/Joakim Noah

Yeah it's a little old and/or injury prone. Yeah it's lacking in top level players. And yeah I realize I've got two players form the Kings. But I'll be playing matchups like a fiend and using my bench.

That team would be ridiculous if it were real basketball. Probably cost 200 million dollars too.

I see that I went to auto draft last night, but my team is decent. Not too bad. After the game and what not, I took a nap, and woke up and it was1030. My bad Steve.

Don't worry about. Everything is good so long as you're happy with your team.

About half the teams got auto-picked. But nobody got left out of the top players somehow. What ended up happening was that the autobidders started driving up bids way past the projected value at the very beginning of the draft, so the money went quick and nobody had the money to hoard a bunch of the top players. They either got one or two and then had to wait for the discount players, or they were like me and wussed out of the high priced guys and went for second tier players.

Archived