Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: AccuScore predictions: Robert Griffin III compares favorably with Cam Newton

Rex has started 16 games total for us for over 4000 yards. Some people might be surprised by how productive he's been. It's the crippling turnovers that led to him being a backup.

Yes I agree, I have watched Rex march the Skins up and down the field only to see an interception by Rex in the red zone or a missed Gano kick.

I'm trying to figure out why he's throwing 18ints for only 20tds. That's the consensus from what I've been seeing. I don't know if its the 20tds or the18 picks that's just rubbing me wrong. Add in four rushing yds and it sounds like our "O" is trash. Realistically I'm not buying that. We can look at how many games we lost in the fourth on a Rex pick. Think of the Dolphins and Pats games. Both were lost by last minute picks inside the 5. Why is it that he gets criticism for being a duel threat that has to worry about getting injured while running. Meanwhile he made his bones slinging the rock and capable of running.

Cam slowed down when others didn't. Defenses took away the deep ball and he wasn't able to compensate for that. Maybe he and his coaches will be able to do so with a full offseason, but that's definitely not certain. I'm avoiding him in fantasy drafts for that reason, unless something inexplicable happens and he falls way below where everyone else is taking him right now.

Cam's numbers slowed down but Carolina's running backs geared up. That's a good thing because it meant a more balanced offense and translated into 4 wins in the last 6 games. It's what the coaches keep saying they want this year. I don't expect Cam to put up the fantasy league numbers he had last year but I don't look for him to have a sophmore slump either.

Archived