Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS DC: Josh Morgan: Redskins Memories Growing Up 3 Blocks From RFK, Funny Plans For Ticket Requests

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/07/28/josh-morgan-redskins-memories-growing-up-3-blocks-from-rfk-funny-plans-for-ticket-requests/

“I grew up three blocks down the street from RFK Stadium, so I’ve got a lot of memories,” Morgan said following Saturday morning’s walk-through at Redskins Park. “I remember a couple of the games I could feel the vibrations from the stadium at my house. I thought it was an earthquake and DC didn’t even have (any) earthquakes at that time.”

Ironically, it was during his time in the earthquake laden Bay Area that Washington experienced a 5.8 magnitude tremor last August.

Morgan’s family members were die-hard Redskins fans growing up; a trait undoubtedly passed down to the wide receiver who gave the impression he’s long familiar with the franchise.

“I remember all the memories,” said Morgan. “Even the games before I was born… My grandfather and father has tapes of. I remember all the Super Bowls, all the memories, all the John Riggins records and other things.”

I wonder what street he grew up on. I grew up 7 blocks from RFK. It was fun to watch the game on TV and open the window and hear the cheers. I miss those days, watching the traffic roll down independence, everyone cheering on their way to the stadium.

That's a really cool connection to have with this franchise. It means a lot to have home town blood considering the DC area's high rate of transplants; coupled with the fact that DC itself has produced few high level athletes (in comparison to other big metro areas around the US).

I remember the upper deck at RFK used to shake and rumble when everyone really got into it.. remembering still gives me goosebumps. I also remember

a guy named steve that would sometimes buy my whole section beers from time to time.. we would get a "steve steve steve steve steve!!!!" chant going every game he was at lol

Section 418 row2!

Reading this makes me so jealous that I never got to experience a game at RFK. Sounds like an awesome experience.

Honestly, it is an experience that I don't think can be replicated.

The feeling inside that stadium is still in my blood. Glad my Dad took me to plenty of games as a kid. I can honestly say, that atmosphere is what made me so die hard today.

Archived