Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: Fred Davis talks about suspensions, rookie quarterbacks and more

themurf

Wow. I keep reading comments like, actions speak louder than words and talk is cheap.

It's obvious his actions are on par with his words. I mean seriously do any of you think he hasn't been drug tested since his suspension? He smoked pot, got caught and is now moving on. Just like Trent. Some of you act like he cannot be trusted because of that one mistake. He has no other off field issues. He is a hard worker. I trust what he says.

He will have a breakout year catching passes from RGIII.

To say "it's obvious that his actions are on par with his words," is neither supported by your following statements nor can be supported by his current actions because the season hasn't even started yet. Walking the walk is done by passing unannounced drug testing when the season begins, during the season or at the end. None of that has occurred yet. All the other stuff in the past is just that, water under the bridge. Do I hope he will be clean? yes. Do I care that he says he will be clean? No. Will the action of his testing negative on each and every test speak louder than anything he could say? Yes. The same can be said of off field activities. Again, Fred's past record is in the past. No hate or grudges here The organization trusts or has confidence in him or else they would not have designated him their franchise player; I agree with you that he is a hard worker. I hope he will have a breakout year. The ball is in his court. HTTR.

Great article. Everything Davis said is exactly what you want to hear from a player. He also seems to have his head on straight concerning his suspension, which is good.

I’m expecting big things from him this year. If RGIII gets into trouble on a play, Davis is going to be one of his quick ways out. Between that and his overall ability, I could see him cracking 1k yards, and getting a nice handful of TDs.

So with the hometown discount he’s the #3 TE I’ll be looking at in Fantasy this year, behind Gronk and Graham.

Heck, nfl.com has him at 8 http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/rankings#tabset=pr-te

To say "it's obvious that his actions are on par with his words," is neither supported by your following statements nor can be supported by his current actions because the season hasn't even started yet. Walking the walk is done by passing unannounced drug testing when the season begins, during the season or at the end. None of that has occurred yet. All the other stuff in the past is just that, water under the bridge. Do I hope he will be clean? yes. Do I care that he says he will be clean? No. Will the action of his testing negative on each and every test speak louder than anything he could say? Yes. The same can be said of off field activities. Again, Fred's past record is in the past. No hate or grudges here The organization trusts or has confidence in him or else they would not have designated him their franchise player; I agree with you that he is a hard worker. I hope he will have a breakout year. The ball is in his court. HTTR.

I just think people are going all high and mighty on him. He's young and he made a mistake. I believe he is genuinely sorry. The lockout was detrimental to many players. That's really no excuse nut he wasn't the only person who slipped up. I believe he realizes what's at stake here. But then again I'm probably biased because I see absolutely nothing wrong with what he did.

Anyways I hope like hell he builds on last year, he has the potential to be a top 5 or 6 te in the league. Hail.

very cool murf. I like your interviews; not always the typical cookie cutter questions.

So, out of curiosity, do you pretty much get to sit down with just anybody? Or is, say, RG3 or Shanny kind of off limits lol? I feel like I've read the same RG3 interviews over and over, I think your sit down with him would be interesting.

Davis' words mark another player down for one who is truly all in and committed, as it seems most of them are. Freddy could have been a guy with even worse off-field problems had he been on another team with another coach. QB situation sure doesn't hurt.

Oh, and another request lol, ever sat down with Logan Paulsen? I dunno why, but he just seems like a cool dude.

was just plain cool, he's so excited lol.

very cool murf. I like your interviews; not always the typical cookie cutter questions.

So, out of curiosity, do you pretty much get to sit down with just anybody? Or is, say, RG3 or Shanny kind of off limits lol? I feel like I've read the same RG3 interviews over and over, I think your sit down with him would be interesting.

Davis' words mark another player down for one who is truly all in and committed, as it seems most of them are. Freddy could have been a guy with even worse off-field problems had he been on another team with another coach. QB situation sure doesn't hurt.

Oh, and another request lol, ever sat down with Logan Paulsen? I dunno why, but he just seems like a cool dude.

was just plain cool, he's so excited lol.

First of all, thanks for the kind words. It's always good to get feedback on what people like (or don't like) with my work. When I do these kind of one-on-one interviews, my goal is to help 'Skins fans get to know the players on their favorite team a little better. So a guy like Fred Davis, who I've been interviewing for years now, knows who I am and can joke with me when I dare him to admit that he didn't want RGIII because he'd rather catch passes from a USC guy. With the newer guys, it takes a little time to get them to realize that I don't want to ask them the same boring questions they answer every single day they show up for work, but hopefully we'll get there with some of them this offseason as well.

As for Griffin, it'll be hard for anyone to get any significant one-on-one time with him. The Redskins are essentially keeping him in a bubble and the only time anyone gets to talk to him is during group interviews at the podium with the entire media circus involved. Obviously that makes it much tougher to have fun with the guy and ask lighthearted questions.

Archived