Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Middle age...ups, downs, observations, anecdotes (and wisdom for you whipper-snappers)

Teller

Edit: was it your birthday? I'm confused.

Old is a number. Whatever. My dad is 53 and plays hockey 3 nights a week and pick up games of basketball every Thursday.

I, however, am getting on in my years. 6 more til the big 3-oh.

:ols:

This thread is fun. And to bring up the most important thing to remember is that all y'all "old" folks got to see the Skins in their prime.

I'm about your dad's age, h_h, I'll be 61 in September. I went on a first date with a neat woman yesterday. I live for today and plan for the future. I have a couple of new hobbies and and new puppy (which is exhausting!). I have to think before I pick up anything so I'm properly positioned. I'm not on any continuous medication but do take Aleve and Formula 303 (herbal muscle relaxant) when necessary for those aches and pains.

(TMI for some here) It's great having gone through menopause and no more period crap, which is onerous for many many years.

So, aging is better than the alternative!

Thanks, I needed that! I'm also on the Aleve train.

Funny thing my husband said once...you could find a $100 bill on the ground, bend over to pick it up, throw your back out and be in a wheelchair forever. Was the $100 worth it? (Needless to say, every motion requires a little thought now, but I'll never stop searching the ground for money. Never.)

---------- Post added May-23rd-2012 at 07:49 AM ----------

I hit the coffee shop right after I go grocery shopping, they started to give me a senior coffee last month.

Hubby is over 50 and is resisting AARP...I keep saying, "Do you know how much money we could save?" Crazy argument to have at our ages.

Edit: was it your birthday? I'm confused.

Old is a number. Whatever. My dad is 53 and plays hockey 3 nights a week and pick up games of basketball every Thursday.

I, however, am getting on in my years. 6 more til the big 3-oh.

:ols:

This thread is fun. And to bring up the most important thing to remember is that all y'all "old" folks got to see the Skins in their prime.

You know, another thing about my age is when you realize that the father of the hot young girl at the sports bar is probably about your age.

What was great about seeing the 'Skins in their prime was getting to do it during a time in my life when the Skins were pretty much the main thing in my life. You know, during that time, when the Redskins were on, no one was around to distract me from the game unless I wanted to be distracted.

What was great about seeing the 'Skins in their prime was getting to do it during a time in my life when the Skins were pretty much the main thing in my life. You know, during that time, when the Redskins were on, no one was around to distract me from the game unless I wanted to be distracted.

So true. I was 12 when we won our first Superbowl, 21 when we won the last one. It was the perfect age to have my favorite team have such a great run, and it took a LONG time for that glow to fade. I feel bad for the younger generation who will never get that.

Archived