Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Cigar Thread

Btubes18

Well I did a search and I didn't see a cigar thread posted. So I thought I would start to discusses all things cigar. I know a ton of people enjoy this hobby so why not discuss it here!

I have been enjoying cigars for the past few years. Definitely enjoy them on the porch. Smoking a MK 88 right now, an amazing cigar.

Please discuss cigars you enjoy!

i prefer a certain kind of cigar, but if i don't have one of those i do prefer nicaraguan cigars.

illusione

padron

brickhouse

never was a fan of drew estate, but some of their higher end sticks are good

there are a lot of cheap cigars that are pretty good for handing out or a quick smoke.

it all depends on your price level, pallet, and how much time you have to enjoy them. my father-in-law would smoke a piece of tree bark if i gave him one, needless to say my nicer sticks usually don't go to him.

just for giggles, here's my humidor which is a converted wine fridge:

photobucket-18259-1337643479954.jpg?t=1337643481

Me and your father-in-law would get along fine,nice selection though

i don't smoke nearly the quantity that he does, actually i don't really even have that many right now, but if i did i sure wouldn't buy the ones i'm buying now. i'd be broke in a hurry.

Smoking a Alec Bradley Prensado tonight. Surprisingly very light nice flavor smoke. Thoroughly enjoying it.

sorry i left that out, alec bradley prensado were my second favorite behind padron for a long time. i know they stretched out the line some, but that was a good stick.

there's a guy who makes shelves to order:

http://wineadors.com/

if you want to get into cigars it's cheaper to buy in bulk and i would start with a big marine cooler. they're cheap, hold humidity well, and if you end up moving on from cigars you still have a perfectly usable cooler. i recommend kitty litter for humidity control. if you're ineterested i'll give you a whole run down, but my winedor cost around $150 total with shelves and litter and i rarely need to do anything to maintain humidity.

Really glad someone started this thread. I've never fully committed to learning the particulars of cigars other than a few things. There are specific terms for the things I look for in a cigar that I've never taken the time to learn. I know what I like and most of my cigar aficionado friends say, "That's the important part." Occasionally, I dig the terms out of them but never retain them. I only smoke every 4-6 weeks on special occasions. (Speaking of which, Nationals Park needs a cigar section like Camden Yards has. Wimps. lol)

Just a few of my favorite...

Ashton VSG

(Ashton is by far my favorite cigar. I also like the Cabinet series.)

ashton_vsg_sampler.gif

Romeo y Julieta

(I tend to buy these the most.)

bully.jpg

Padron

(when I just want a casual cigar)

padron5000cigar.jpg

sorry i left that out, alec bradley prensado were my second favorite behind padron for a long time. i know they stretched out the line some, but that was a good stick.

there's a guy who makes shelves to order:

http://wineadors.com/

if you want to get into cigars it's cheaper to buy in bulk and i would start with a big marine cooler. they're cheap, hold humidity well, and if you end up moving on from cigars you still have a perfectly usable cooler. i recommend kitty litter for humidity control. if you're ineterested i'll give you a whole run down, but my winedor cost around $150 total with shelves and litter and i rarely need to do anything to maintain humidity.

Thanks Tiger. I was definitely very impressed with the AB Prensado. I have a few Humidors right now, and would love to build a Wineador. If you are willing, I would love to hear more about the windeador you built.

Thanks!

To Ellis,

I love the Romeo y Julieta's. Have you tried the Reserva Real, those are some of my favorite cigars!

Im no aficionado but I do enjoy the odd cigar a few times/year. My favorites to this point have been the Ashton VSG, La Flor Dominicana and Arturo Fuente on the odd occasion. I do have a pipe and enjoy that more often (especially in the winter months).

To Ellis,

I love the Romeo y Julieta's. Have you tried the Reserva Real, those are some of my favorite cigars!

I have and yes they're fantastic!

I don't usually go for the strong cigars because I do not smoke often enough to have a tolerance to tobacco. Also, I quit smoking cigarettes a number of years ago (2 packs a day habit) so I have to "respect the demon" and be more moderate about my love of tobacco. I prefer the mild cigars b/c of that and I only smoke roughly every 6 weeks or so. I enjoy the taste of cigars and I enjoy having great conversations with friends while enjoying a fine cigar.

---------- Post added May-24th-2012 at 11:43 AM ----------

By the way, I just moved from Annapolis, MD to Edgewater, MD about 2 months ago. There is a Tobacconist here in Edgewater that I just met 2 weeks ago.

http://www.chesapeakecigar.com/

The proprietor is Michael. He wants his cigar shop to be known more as a sports shop. He airs NFL games every weekend, is a huge Redskins fan, and has a lot of options for frequent customers/members. You can bring your own alcohol, but if you can't be a gentleman, they will kick you out. He even has a chili-cookoff for Super Bowl Sunday. They're about to install an 84 inch flat screen for the 2012 season.

If any of you are ever in the area, please check out his store. He's a great guy!

I have and yes they're fantastic!

I don't usually go for the strong cigars because I do not smoke often enough to have a tolerance to tobacco. Also, I quit smoking cigarettes a number of years ago (2 packs a day habit) so I have to "respect the demon" and be more moderate about my love of tobacco. I prefer the mild cigars b/c of that and I only smoke roughly every 6 weeks or so. I enjoy the taste of cigars and I enjoy having great conversations with friends while enjoying a fine cigar.

---------- Post added May-24th-2012 at 11:43 AM ----------

By the way, I just moved from Annapolis, MD to Edgewater, MD about 2 months ago. There is a Tobacconist here in Edgewater that I just met 2 weeks ago.

http://www.chesapeakecigar.com/

The proprietor is Michael. He wants his cigar shop to be known more as a sports shop. He airs NFL games every weekend, is a huge Redskins fan, and has a lot of options for frequent customers/members. You can bring your own alcohol, but if you can't be a gentleman, they will kick you out. He even has a chili-cookoff for Super Bowl Sunday. They're about to install an 84 inch flat screen for the 2012 season.

If any of you are ever in the area, please check out his store. He's a great guy!

Sounds like an awesome place. If I am ever up in the Edgewater area, I will check it out.

• 4 weeks later...
I smoke near non stop,but I'm on strike from buying cigars,went back to a pipe

Should of known, hahha, lol., just kidding settle down, Zimmerman was a pipe smoker too. J/F/K, you set that up so I had to smack it down. Anyway try smoking a Rocky Patel Sumatra rapper, about five bucks. You know TWA we got to get together one of these days and have a snort, a smoke and maybe shoot some rounds off.

http://www.worldfamouscigarbar.com/

My favorite place in Ft. Myers, they never lead me to a bad smoke yet, over fifteen years going.

http://www.rockypatel.com/index.php

i don't want to rain on any parades or make anyone feel bad, but cigars from the island is a huge counterfeit business and they're really, really good at counterfeiting them. you can buy real labels, holographic stickers of authenticity, and boxes on the streets for dirt cheap from factory workers.

even reputable hotels carry fakes because you have to tear apart the cigar or smoke it to tell the difference. the only place you can be 100% sure you're getting the real deal from is LCDH:

http://www.lacasadelhabano.com/web/index.php/en/franchises/new-openings

any of those stores have 100% legit cigars and they have a few south of us in vacation spots. there are other stores that are legit, but there are countless fakes. the biggest scam is the glass covered box. these are 100% completely fake, but probably one of the most purchased.

now that's not saying that fakes are terrible or even made from non-cuban tobacco, they just aren't the cigar that they're dressed up to appear as.

a friend of my wife posted this after a trip to mexico, she got them for her dad:

539259_10100702626867044_880909757_n.jpg

obviously i didn't rain on her parade, but those are some of the easiest ones to spot.

Archived