Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best places to get a good deal on a Laptop?

Hey everyone, my laptop recently bit the dust so I'm looking to get a new one. After four years of college my bank acct is looking pretty low, so I'm definitely looking for the best price possible. With that being said, does anyone know of websites that have laptops at cheap prices? I've seen some crazy sales recently on Groupons and other websites but unfortunately they sold out before I could utilize them.

If anyone has experience with websites that offer cheap prices, I would certainly appreciate the help here.

I'm looking for a PC not a Mac fyi. Not too picky on the brand, although prefer Dell or HP. Hell if anyone has any advice on which brand of PC to get I'll take that as well, I only have experience with Dell and HP.

I just found one on craiglist last week, as mine just bit the dust recently. It's a Dell Studio 15 with an i5 chip, 4GB of RAM, and 500GB for about 350. He was asking 399, but you can find a Dell at a good price on craiglist. I just need it to learn more about Ruby on Rails. I'll get something better later on.

Thanks for the answers guys, I knew there had to be a few places out there.

What do you plan on using the laptop for? How portable do you want it? What kind of price range are you looking at?

Just a basic laptop that has internet and Microsoft Office. It probably won't leave my apartment much, so portability doesn't really matter.

Thanks for the answers guys, I knew there had to be a few places out there.

Just a basic laptop that has internet and Microsoft Office. It probably won't leave my apartment much, so portability doesn't really matter.

any particular reason you want a laptop rather than a desktop if you don't plan on moving it around?

Archived