Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ES 2012 Draft days thread (Day 3)

PCS

I wouldn't mind using a 4th on Dennard. He's a late 1st/2nd round talent at CB. I doubt it will happen though as Shanahan seems to prefer high character/leader type guys (not that that's a bad thing).

I'd rather go after Minnefield in that range honestly.

just to clarify btw..... i'm not laughing at you or your team. just thought that play was quite comical. the idea does actually work in that if it is perceived that there was an offsides, the whole line not moving will definitely influence the refs... that was very funny though to see just the one player sitting there doing nothing while the whole team around him tries to gain a couple yards. shouldn't have compared him to haynesworthless... my bad on that one

No, it's cool man. My friends have been emailing me that youtube and making fun of me since it happened haha.

Hahaha FSU fans and Zebrie will never live that down. I've tried to explain to people that our line does that on all perceived offsides but they don't care...they like to laugh at me.

BigMike21, I know they do that on purpose... LOL.

I was just trying to be funny in response to him being a walking penalty flag.

I don't think it matters if Leribeus starts day one or not. When you get your head around what he does well and the roll we have for him, he's going to be a hand in glove fit for Shanahan. It won't be long before this kid is in the starting line-up. I like the pick!

I just dont like the way they went about this draft thus far. I was sitting there at the bottom of the 2nd PRAYING we would trade up and get one of those CB's, and of course that didnt happen. Irritation level starting to rise. Then I am thinking ok, maybe someone will drop to us and if not, we can trade down into the bottom of the 3rd. Ok, so we trade back just 3 picks and get another 7th rounder, which is a throwaway (useless) pick if you ask me, and we pick someone who has a 4th-5th round grade. That right there irritates the hell out of me. Then, I am thinking ok, use that 7th rounder and move back up into the bottom of the 3rd. Didnt happen.

We NEEDED to move up and get some starters. I mean how many "depth" guys do we need? What we NEED is friggin starters, not mediocres. I am getting sick of all the depth depth depth talk, you cant win games with a team that has nothing but depth guys on it starting for your team. Where exactly is the talent guys going to come from?? We needed to move up and get some quality starter type guys, and we screwed the pooch on it by doing hardly anything, and the one guy we got ends up being one of, if not THE lowest graded guy in the 3rd round. Yea, real good job. Why is everyone singing the Redskins praises right now? Not even looking at who we got and the fact we only got 1 guy in day 2, they handled day 2 of the draft pretty horribly as far as im concerned.

We are going to be behind everyone else with the slim pickings we have for draft picks, and we did nothing to try and stay with the pack. There was some serious talent to be had, and there was absolutely NO reason we couldn't have done some maneuvering to have a higher pick, or a 2nd 3rd round pick. We could have traded down a good bit farther and still got the same guy, and gotten more picks for that trade down we did, and used that to move back up into the 3rd for a 2nd pick. There were things we could do to improve this draft day, and we didn't do any of it. It makes me wonder if the front office were taking a friggin nap in the draft room instead of trying hard to improve their situation with some smart dealing. I am NOT happy..

I just dont like the way they went about this draft thus far. I was sitting there at the bottom of the 2nd PRAYING we would trade up and get one of those CB's, and of course that didnt happen. Irritation level starting to rise. Then I am thinking ok, maybe someone will drop to us and if not, we can trade down into the bottom of the 3rd. Ok, so we trade back just 3 picks and get another 7th rounder, which is a throwaway (useless) pick if you ask me, and we pick someone who has a 4th-5th round grade. That right there irritates the hell out of me. Then, I am thinking ok, use that 7th rounder and move back up into the bottom of the 3rd. Didnt happen.

We NEEDED to move up and get some starters. I mean how many "depth" guys do we need? What we NEED is friggin starters, not mediocres. I am getting sick of all the depth depth depth talk, you cant win games with a team that has nothing but depth guys on it starting for your team. Where exactly is the talent guys going to come from?? We needed to move up and get some quality starter type guys, and we screwed the pooch on it by doing hardly anything, and the one guy we got ends up being one of, if not THE lowest graded guy in the 3rd round. Yea, real good job. Why is everyone singing the Redskins praises right now? Not even looking at who we got and the fact we only got 1 guy in day 2, they handled day 2 of the draft pretty horribly as far as im concerned. We are going to be behind everyone else with the slim pickings we have for draft picks, and we did nothing to try and stay with the pack.

You've already posted this. We've already seen it. No need to re-post just to get it on the new page.

You're being an attention whore. Its embarrassing. Stop it.

You've already posted this. We've already seen it. No need to re-post just to get it on the new page.

You're being an attention whore. Its embarrassing. Stop it.

I didnt already post this, unless it posted twice on accident. The servers were clogged, my badd if it posted twice.

We are going to be behind everyone else with the slim pickings we have for draft picks, and we did nothing to try and stay with the pack. There was some serious talent to be had, and there was absolutely NO reason we couldn't have done some maneuvering to have a higher pick, or a 2nd 3rd round pick. We could have traded down a good bit farther and still got the same guy, and gotten more picks for that trade down we did, and used that to move back up into the 3rd for a 2nd pick. There were things we could do to improve this draft day, and we didn't do any of it. It makes me wonder if the front office were taking a friggin nap in the draft room instead of trying hard to improve their situation with some smart dealing. I am NOT happy..

How do you know we could have traded down? Maybe no one wanted to trade with us? You can't just say "I'm going to trade down" and magically do it, you need someone else.

Again, I'm glad you're not a part of our front office. Just because YOU didn't like it doesn't mean it's a bad move. Unless, of course, Bruce Allen needs to OK each draft move with you. Which he doesn't.

You really need to stop talking.

We NEEDED to move up and get some starters. I mean how many "depth" guys do we need? What we NEED is friggin starters, not mediocres. I am getting sick of all the depth depth depth talk, you cant win games with a team that has nothing but depth guys on it starting for your team. Where exactly is the talent guys going to come from?? We needed to move up and get some quality starter type guys, and we screwed the pooch on it by doing hardly anything, and the one guy we got ends up being one of, if not THE lowest graded guy in the 3rd round. Yea, real good job. Why is everyone singing the Redskins praises right now? Not even looking at who we got and the fact we only got 1 guy in day 2, they handled day 2 of the draft pretty horribly as far as im concerned. We are going to be behind everyone else with the slim pickings we have for draft picks, and we did nothing to try and stay with the pack.

Umm... Actually you DO need depth. Hence why our season tanked last year after half our offensive starters went down. A perfect example to me right now is the cowboys. You look at their team on paper and they look to be a playoff caliber team - where is their depth though? We have a capable Rob Jackson and Markus White backing up Orakpo and Kerrigan. If Ware/Spencer goes down who's up? Do they have some Polumbus's and Willie Smith's and Mo Hurt's that can actually hold together for 4-5 game stretches? If half the boys oline went down like ours did last year they would be ****ing bricks right now - which surprisingly ours managed a decent running attack in the final games of the season WITHOUT your Trent Williams and Jammal Brown and Kory L. etc etc. That's what depth can do for you and that's why you draft a guy like Ribs.

I didnt already post this, unless it posted twice on accident. The servers were clogged, my badd if it posted twice.

You posted it here, at 11.29 PM:

Bull**** whining

And here, at 11:45 PM:

Bull**** whining

That's a 16-minute gap. That's not a double-post. That's you being an attention whore. Or just having a very poor ability to operate around this message board. If that's the case, then I apologize for my accusation of attention-whoring, IN THIS CASE.

Because no matter the truth of THIS matter, you're veering very close to trolling across this board and are certainly being an attention whore in other, purposeful ways anyways.

You posted it here, at 11.29 PM:

And here, at 11:45 PM:

That's a 16-minute gap. That's not a double-post. That's you being an attention whore.

Like I said, the servers were clogged, my message must have went thru twice, didnt mean for it to, so whatever. I am just venting, sorry if its ruffling peoples feathers. I didn't like how we handled day 2, sorry. And I get that a team needs depth, but I think when there is starter talent, why not go after it? You draft depth later in the rounds, not in the 3rd. There was starter talent to be had, and we didnt go after it like we should have. End of rant. On a side note, I was never aware that having an opinion that differs from others was such a negative on this board. I wasnt even going by what everyone else was saying, I came on here and voiced my dismay. Thats it. All I can do is voice my opinion.

Logic hasn't worked with him yet, you think it will work with him now?

No, probably not. But I'm awake, and he's being a turd. Its like...a calling I must answer. A compulsion.

Perhaps, when I reach the wise age of 27, I will be able to resist. ;)

Like I said, the servers were clogged, my message must have went thru twice, didnt mean for it to, so whatever. I am just venting, sorry if its ruffling peoples feathers. I didn't like how we handled day 2, sorry. And I get that a team needs depth, but I think when there is starter talent, why not go after it? You draft depth later in the rounds, not in the 3rd. There was starter talent to be had, and we didnt go after it like we should have. End of rant.

Okay. So. Which starter talent was there in your opinion?

Like I said, the servers were clogged, my message must have went thru twice, didnt mean for it to, so whatever. I am just venting, sorry if its ruffling peoples feathers. I didn't like how we handled day 2, sorry. And I get that a team needs depth, but I think when there is starter talent, why not go after it? You draft depth later in the rounds, not in the 3rd. There was starter talent to be had, and we didnt go after it like we should have. End of rant.

Our 3rd round pick IS starting-caliber talent. We just drafted our future starting LG/RG.

Who would you have rather picked? And why is that player/position THAT much more important than a starting OL to protect our brand-spanking-new franchise QB and aid our running game?

Archived