Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the largest amount of money you've ever found?

$20, grocery stor parking lot.

Not found...but last year my wife and I were leaving Harris Teeter. Random afternoon. Money tight as always. Stranger is pacing around front of HT, like he was lost....kind strange looking. Of all the cars, to our surprise he chose ours to knock on the window (parked up front where you unload). He asks for a ride from HT to Reston Town Center. I was driving so he had approached my wifes side. She looks at me, my nice ass says "Sure get in". I could tell she was pissed..lol. Anyway we start driving....the guy turns out to be really nice...even better...he is a former CEO of I large Telecomm (cant remember which). End of the day, he was rushing because he was supposed to meet his wife at the movies and was running late. I wave her down as he sees her walking. Upon stepping out he crumbles up a bill and hands it....says "take your wife out for some drinks and some food..". He also thanks us and says "yous guys are wonderful people. Thank you!". I could hear him telling his wife the same as they headed towards the theatre. Okay, I know this is dragging...lol. So I'm thinking it's like a 5 or a $10 bill...whicjh I would have been grateful for just as well....I unball it and it's a Benjamin!!

I did not even drive a quarter of a mile...and just provided good convo.... Think about this story next time a random person needs you.

The best I ever did was at an ATM... I withdrew $40 and two twenty's came out and four awkwardly smashed up twentys came out on top of them... My receipt said only $40 came out of my acct. looked like they fell on top somehow... I kept it and stuck it to the MAN.

Best I ever did otherwise was a wallet I found in the street. Only had $100 in inside. I called the owner and he said his kid threw it out of his car. He gve me $10.

The best I ever did was at an ATM... I withdrew $40 and two twenty's came out and four awkwardly smashed up twentys came out on top of them... My receipt said only $40 came out of my acct. looked like they fell on top somehow... I kept it and stuck it to the MAN.

Best I ever did otherwise was a wallet I found in the street. Only had $100 in inside. I called the owner and he said his kid threw it out of his car. He gve me $10.

The same thing happened to me at an ATM. A smashed up $10 came out in addition to the money I withdrew. I stretched it out in front of that little camera in the ATM and gave them the finger...Suckers!

Found $360 in the parking lot of a Red Lobster a few years ago. it was payday in a military town (fayetteville, NC), and I felt bad that some poor soldier had lost his money. I told the manager I found a large sum of money and to call me if somebody came forward. I obviously didn't give him the dollar amount to make sure he or a friend didn't try to call and claim it.

Nobody called. Had a lot of fun that weekend :)

$20, grocery stor parking lot.

Think about this story next time a random person needs you.

A lady asked me if I knew of a church that could help her. (I pray, but don't church.) So, she tells me her short story, it was pouring down rain, and I knew I had a $10 in my pocket. Handed it to her, she never looked at it, just kept eye contact with me and saying "thank you so much". As I drove away, she was jumping up and down, praising the heavens, and thanking me profusely. I didn't think a whole lot about it until I realized that Little Caesar's and Subway were right there, and I have always been of the thinking brand that if folks have food, everything is better(why I've been in the food biz almost my whole adult life).

Found a bunch, too, and have always put it to better use.

The same thing happened to me at an ATM. A smashed up $10 came out in addition to the money I withdrew. I stretched it out in front of that little camera in the ATM and gave them the finger...Suckers!

Thats awesome.

The ATM thing actually happened to me twice at the same ATM -the 2nd time it was only a $10...I think it happened to my buddy too... it was on Rockville Pike in Congressional Plaza down from the Tower Records that used to be there in the 80's/90's. We actually used to go out of our way to go to that ATM after that...

I did the same thing at the same place. The wave pool was like my own personal ATM.

The real jackpot was in the pools at the bottom of the slides, but you had to work fast because the lifeguards would yell at you if you took more than a few seconds to get out.

When they opened up the lazy river, that was the real jackpot. When it first opened, we'd find several dollars a day. As time went on, people realized not to take keep their change or even bills in their pockets. The lifeguards hated us, because they couldn't collect the money left behind. We were kicked out of pools all the time, but would just come back when they rotated.

Archived