Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen interview on Sirius "Moving the Chains" 3/27

DieselPwr44

Thanks for posting, I heard the first part of this but had to leave the car to take my son into the dentist's office. Appreciate it.

As for the interview, I love the way that Bruce handles himself and the moves he and Shanny have made since taking over. Love the trade for the #2 overall pick and someone in this FO who finally had the guts to make a move for a franchise QB and I can't wait to see what this team is capable of in 3-5 years with Griffin at the helm! It sure is a fun time, at least with the anticipation of having a potentially great QB. It's been a while since I've felt this hopeful for a draft pick @ QB, heck a draft pick in general. Last time I was so convinced I wanted a player was with ST and LaVar before that.

Thanks for the post, good find.

---------- Post added March-27th-2012 at 10:20 PM ----------

Also, the interview just a bit lower with RGIII is pretty revealing http://siriusxmsports.posterous.com/robert-griffin-iii-former-baylor-qb-joined-je , at least it seemed to me. I would have thought that the Colts would have had way more contact with him than as he put it "pretty much just at the combine, and a little bit at the Pro Day"

Where as the Skins have taken him out to dinner or something in Wake, and probably had many convos w/ RGIII from the time of the combine all the way till now; Anyways, I'm always looking for more hope we will get RGIII.

HAIL

Thanks for the post' date=' good find.

---------- Post added March-27th-2012 at 10:20 PM ----------

Also, the interview just a bit lower with RGIII is pretty revealing http://siriusxmsports.posterous.com/robert-griffin-iii-former-baylor-qb-joined-je , at least it seemed to me. I would have thought that the Colts would have had way more contact with him than as he put it "pretty much just at the combine, and a little bit at the Pro Day"

Where as the Skins have taken him out to dinner or something in Wake, and probably had many convos w/ RGIII from the time of the combine all the way till now; Anyways, I'm always looking for more hope we will get RGIII.

HAIL

While I sincerely hope and believe that Griffin will become a Redskin, you can't put that much stock into what teams do pre-draft with prospects. Although it wasn't the #1 overall pick, Shanny didn't even meet once in person with Cutler before he drafted him while with the Broncos IIRC. There certainly seems to be a fit with Griffin and DC as much as there is with Luck and Indy but I'm still a bit on the fence that this, 3 to DC is a done deal.

Although it wasn't the #1 overall pick, Shanny didn't even meet once in person with Cutler before he drafted him while with the Broncos IIRC.

This premise keeps being stated over and over.

While true, in Shanny's case with Cutler he was drafting with the 11th pick. There is some value in keeping it on the down low. Don't want anyone to know their intentions and swoop in and steal cutler.

In our scenario there is no such secret.

We have laid claim to RG3 at 2, Indy isn't trading the 1, so its kind of a silly premise.

There is NO REASON for Indy to secretly take RG3 while leaving everyone else to believe they are taking Luck. NONE.

Not unless Indy was trading the pick.

I am pretty confident, Indy is taking Luck. To play dumb serves no purpose.

We have laid claim to RG3 at 2, Indy isn't trading the 1, so its kind of a silly premise.

There is NO REASON for Indy to secretly take RG3 while leaving everyone else to believe they are taking Luck. NONE.

Agreed. Normally, you shouldn't pay attention to anything you hear before the draft, but when the Colts have the #1 pick and you know they're taking a QB, and there are 2 worth taking there, and they've spent all their time with one and ignored the other, I think it's safe to say there's no smokescreen here.

Who are they trying to trick, themselves? No one is going to swoop in and steal the guy they want so why would you bother pretending? Makes no sense.

This premise keeps being stated over and over.

While true, in Shanny's case with Cutler he was drafting with the 11th pick. There is some value in keeping it on the down low. Don't want anyone to know their intentions and swoop in and steal cutler.

In our scenario there is no such secret.

I am pretty confident, Indy is taking Luck. To play dumb serves no purpose.

Also, as NFL network pointed out, the Colts have a private workout scheduled with Luck, but not with RG3. They're taking Luck, Irsay and Allen are just trying to play it smart.

Heard someone point out on a radio show the other day, and it makes sense, that Indy may be just waiting because you never know if someone will get crazy and offer something that blows Indy away and they decide to take the offer. So, while they most likely still take Luck, they are leaving the door open just in case.

Archived