Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

dallasnews.com: Cowboys' Darren Woodson on Troy Aikman's pro-Tony Romo comments: 'Was he drinking?'

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20120322-cowboys-darren-woodson-on-troy-aikman-s-pro-tony-Romo sits to pee-comments-was-he-drinking-1.ece

Troy Aikman can say that Tony Romo sits to pee is a better quarterback than he was but that doesn’t mean Aikman’s former teammates agree.

In fact, when asked for his thoughts on the comments Aikman made on Tuesday, former Cowboys safety Darren Woodson jokingly questioned if the Hall of Fame QB had been drinking alcohol at the time he delivered the bold statement.

“I didn’t hear the comments. One more time,” Woodson, who was a guest Thursday on the Ben and Skin Show on 103.3 [KESN-FM] in Dallas, said while laughing. “What did he say? Was he drinking?”

Earlier in the week, Aikman told The Brownsville Herald that Romo sits to pee “already is a better quarterback than I was.”

[...]Woodson, who was teammates with Aikman from 1992-2000, praised Romo sits to pee throughout the interview but didn’t come anywhere near admitting the topic was debatable.

“I don't know if I'm biased, but I saw the best every day in practice -- and that's Troy Aikman,” Woodson said. “I love Tony, trust me. Tony’s athleticism is unmatched. I don’t think I’ve seen a quarterback as athletic as Tony Romo sits to pee. But at the same time, its’ more than just that. When you talk about leadership skills, you talk about controlling the huddle, you’re talking about being a huge locker room presence, a guy that brought his lunch pail to work every single day, [Aikman] is probably the most accurate quarterback I've ever seen throw the ball. I throw Troy and Dan Marino in the same class as far as accuracy with the football. But a guy that really understood his role and made people play at a high level around him, they don't get any better than Troy Aikman. I haven't seen it.”

Woodson added: “Is Romo sits to pee there yet? No. I think Romo sits to pee has to win some rings. He has to win some playoff games in order to be in that conversation. Troy must’ve been drunk.”

I think Troy was being humble. You always hear players of the past saying present day players are better then they were. I remember Steve Young saying Drew Brees was better then he was too(although that's probably closer than the Aikman-Romo sits to pee comparison).

Tony’s athleticism is unmatched. I don’t think I’ve seen a quarterback as athletic as Tony Romo sits to pee.

:rubeyes:

That's preposterous. He's a good athlete, sure. And his escapability is annoying. But he is not anywhere NEAR the same class of athlete as the most athletic QBs in the game today, much less "that I have ever seen."

How do you [woodson] say you've never seen a qb as athletic as Romo sits to pee when you played in the same division as Randall Cunningham for a few years? That's just crazy talk

That's preposterous. He's a good athlete, sure. And his escapability is annoying. But he is not anywhere NEAR the same class of athlete as the most athletic QBs in the game today, much less "that I have ever seen."

How do you [woodson] say you've never seen a qb as athletic as Romo sits to pee when you played in the same division as Randall Cunningham for a few years? That's just crazy talk

Yep that was probably more of a throw away line than a considered judgement from Woodson but Mike Vick and Cam Newton are clearly much more athletically gifted than Romo sits to pee and so is Aaron Rodgers IMO - he must have skipped RGIIIs Pro day as well.

Even though Aikman played for Dallas, he is just a good guy all around. It's a completely different football game when Buck/Aikman are commentating. Anyways, I started watching football and understanding it during the Aikman years....he was pretty darn accurate. I think 99.999% of intelligent football fans would laugh if you even lumped Romo sits to pee in Aikman's category.

Cunningham must've been so athletic that he simply ghosted by the entire Cowboys team. *Zooom... "What/who was that?", "no clue, maybe their QB?"

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 03:03 PM ----------

Talent, talent talent talent talent talent talent. Talent talent talent. Talent, talent, and talent.

The Dallas Talentboys, or the Dallas Talentshow

• 2 weeks later...

Romo sits to pee might have a bubble butt but his escapability and always looking downfield is great...PLUS he is a scratch golfer....pretty damn athletic if you ask me...I hate the goober but he is what he is. Aikman was better for sure and Kosar needs a nod in accuracy too even with that sidearm....the Howard Stern of the NFL could place the ball anywhere.

Archived