Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are people so willing to repeat past mistakes?(Coaching/Rebuild related)i

Skinsfan4life83

Well I for one am feel blessed that you are here to enlighten us. Maybe sometime we can sit down, have a couple Kool Aides, and you can bring me up to speed on things.

We have made many warning posts and run plenty of sticky threads on it, so as long as we're bringing folks up to speed, take a week off for a rule 11 violation and smile that I didn't add another week for violation of rules 3, 5, or 12, any or all of which you might have been handed in this case by any mod with complete justification.

Well I for one am feel blessed that you are here to enlighten us. Maybe sometime we can sit down, have a couple Kool Aides, and you can bring me up to speed on things.

I'd be glad to.

I like black cherry, would that be OK?

Anything but green.

Damn, looks like Jumbo broke our date. Well, don't expect me to wait around while you're in the slammer.

~Bang

Well gee I'm sorry I couldn't supply you with the substance you so demand. Not that your comment lends much to the discussion either.

I never said that I demand it. I was just stating the lack thereof. My comment didnt lend much to the discussion because there really isnt much discussion.

You need to keep a coaching staff around 3-4 years...There is no real right or wrong way, it was the wrong way to bring in this free agent or that BECAUSE it didnt work for us...so the perception is that its the "wrong way". I think Shanny has had 2 decent drafts. He has gotten rid of the overpaid crybabies BUT that didnt bring "instant" success either so unless he turns it around NEXT year, you can start saying he didnt do it the "right" way all over again. We'll see how long Helu wants to get paid peanuts and if he becomes a distraction. Plain and simple....you cant rebuild and just do it through the draft, unless you want to wait longer. Saints didnt draft Brees ya know. All I know is I cant wait till the off season.

I never said that I demand it. I was just stating the lack thereof. My comment didnt lend much to the discussion because there really isnt much discussion.

Hmmm well I see plenty of good discussion going on here. Go to another thread if this one isn't good enough for you. Im sure you can find another thread that will meet your strict criteria. You just have to come down from your high horse long enough to post in it.

As fans, we all have our own opinions of right and how this team should be run. I think its a bit speculative to say that the last TWO drafts are the best in recent Redskins history. In the 2010 draft, we got Williams and Riley. Austin hasn't shown much. Otherwise I can't name anybody doing anything? Cook? Nah. Capers? Nah.

The main thing about this past draft is that we actually had extra picks. The only other times we had more than 9 picks in a draft under Snyder is the 2008 draft under Zorn (and we see how that one turned out) and 2002, which brought us Ramsey, Betts, Cliff Russell Royal, and Rock as our best contributors. Hopefully the 2011 draft is better than these drafts, but I find it hard to place the 2010 draft as any kind of an exception from the other ones under Snyder, especially when Shanny is the one who traded the picks away for McNabb and Shanny is the one who traded the picks away for Jamaal Brown.

I'm all for building through the draft and finding values in free agency. I definitely feel like last offseason was better than previous ones, but I still have to wonder if what we saw in 2011 is the real philosophy of the Redskins, or is it something like what we saw in 2010? I mean, are we in the market for trading for another aging QB (Manning?), trading up for a young QB (RGIII), staying put and taking what comes to us, or trading down and building this team's depth? Those are four entirely different things and each option can have real benefits or real bad consequences. I wish I had faith in our front office to make a good decision in this regard, but based on past experience (and yeah I'm talking about Shanny and Allen), I have my doubts.

Archived