Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Chicago: Bears WR arrested on drug charges; Supplied drugs to other NFL players in the "double digits"

21MadFan

He has some business acumen that a good deal of American countrymen seem to be lacking. Rather pissing away money, he tried to make it, albeit in an illegal market.

Real simple:

1 dollar in

X dollars out.

X is how much money your business makes from that one dollar you put in. In the druggie trade, you could make 10-20 from that one buck.

let's not forget risk v. reward. Risk: all the money you can make being an NFL player. Reward: Make a bit of money on the side from your highly paid NFL job. Yup, great business acumen.

He has some business acumen that a good deal of American countrymen seem to be lacking. Rather pissing away money, he tried to make it, albeit in an illegal market.

Real simple:

1 dollar in

X dollars out.

X is how much money your business makes from that one dollar you put in. In the druggie trade, you could make 10-20 from that one buck.

:ols:

No wonder you're a Clinton Portis fan.

That "defense" sounds almost exactly like Portis when he was defending Vick after he was brought down for dogfighting.

:ols:

No wonder you're a Clinton Portis fan.

That "defense" sounds almost exactly like Portis when he was defending Vick after he was brought down for dogfighting.

I actually hate Portis to the bone.

Please tell me where exactly did Portis call Vick a smart businessman? His comments sound like a "u don't if he did it or not" and "it's his property" defense.

Note that Sam Hurd having business sense does not mean he has an "moral" or "ethical" sense. The basics of business are simple. You buy a ton of wares, and then sell them at a price higher than what you paid for it. Knowing how the druggies WILL pony up the huge markups from the original price the dealer bought them at, the dealer stands to make very grand profits indeed, if he avoids getting caught. He had that sense, which good ****ton of people around the world don't. The point is simple: morally bankrupt people can actually be quite skilled at something.

---------- Post added December-16th-2011 at 05:50 PM ----------

let's not forget risk v. reward. Risk: all the money you can make being an NFL player. Reward: Make a bit of money on the side from your highly paid NFL job. Yup, great business acumen.

Typical NFL player(and a good portion of not-so-wealthy people): Piss away all money immediately to buy the coolest gadgets and toys and then make a "dive" to get even more money from some generous figure or institution.

Businessman: Invest money in some enterprise that results in PROFIT. Or hey, let him piss it away in real estate or restaurants. Legal, but just as "risky". ;)

---------- Post added December-16th-2011 at 06:06 PM ----------

Wow you seriously said that. So I guess the ponzi schemes show good business acumen also?

The Ponzi scheme requires maintain sufficient liquidity to keep it going. So one needs be skilled at lying first and foremost. Business skills are not that necessary. Just good advertising and a credible lie(i.e sending false monthly statements) will make it work.

haha why was it necessary to point out, or I guess respect this guy because he's a 'smart businessman'?

haha give me a break. Any thug on he street understands you charge more than you paid for the drugs lol, it's not rocket science. This guy's just capable of getting more.

And the thug on the street has the excuse of being in a poor neighborhood, or he's poor himself, whatever. This guy has an NFL contract and is basically selling drugs for fun, he's an idiot. I know a lot of them blow their money, and I think they're idiots too. A good way to blow your money is to lose all of it by getting busted as the 'don' of your drug dealing ring. Again, this guys an idiot.

"business skills" lol

haha why was it necessary to point out, or I guess respect this guy because he's a 'smart businessman'?

haha give me a break. Any thug on he street understands you charge more than you paid for the drugs lol, it's not rocket science. This guy's just capable of getting more.

And the thug on the street has the excuse of being in a poor neighborhood, or he's poor himself, whatever. This guy has an NFL contract and is basically selling drugs for fun, he's an idiot. I know a lot of them blow their money, and I think they're idiots too. A good way to blow your money is to lose all of it by getting busted as the 'don' of your drug dealing ring. Again, this guys an idiot.

"business skills" lol

He might not have much, but he is still more skilled than the "Mr. I only see the paycheck as the way to make money but I'll spend all of it as quickly as I can and then cry about 'oppression' so I can get more welfare".

He is actually one of the "small fish" of the NFL, making less than 2 million a year pre-tax(35% cut). He buys 100,000 dollars worth of drugs in a month, he can make 1 million, or more than half of his salary, from selling them off.

He might not have much, but he is still more skilled than the "Mr. I only see the paycheck as the way to make money but I'll spend all of it as quickly as I can and then cry about 'oppression' so I can get more welfare".

He is actually one of the "small fish" of the NFL, making less than 2 million a year pre-tax(35% cut). He buys 100,000 dollars worth of drugs in a month, he can make 1 million, or more than half of his salary, from selling them off.

I know. We all understand how drug dealing works. You just seem to be praising him for it, and I don't get why. It's not smart. Oh, poor baby only makes less than 2 mil haha. That's a lot of money, and it becomes NONE if you get caught buying 100,000 dollars worth of drugs.

In a 'business' where you're relying on people addictions, and a very high risk of folks snitching to police...it's ****ing stupid. If you're spending THAT much (kilo's for chrissakes), you're undoubtedly involving a lot of people, and unless you trust all of them with your life, you're getting busted eventually.

Don't kid yourself, a lot of people sell drugs because it's fun. It gives them a rush. if you're fortunate to make something like 2million dollars (legally), then you're ****ting on those less fortunate by acting as if you can get away with selling kilos of coke. He's an idiot, he deserves no praise, he didn't NEED to go make more money selling drugs, and he's not some genius for wrapping his head around the math involved in drug dealing.

I know. We all understand how drug dealing works. You just seem to be praising him for it, and I don't get why. It's not smart. Oh, poor baby only makes less than 2 mil haha. That's a lot of money, and it becomes NONE if you get caught buying 100,000 dollars worth of drugs.

In a 'business' where you're relying on people addictions, and a very high risk of folks snitching to police...it's ****ing stupid. If you're spending THAT much (kilo's for chrissakes), you're undoubtedly involving a lot of people, and unless you trust all of them with your life, you're getting busted eventually.

Don't kid yourself, a lot of people sell drugs because it's fun. It gives them a rush. if you're fortunate to make something like 2million dollars (legally), then you're ****ting on those less fortunate by acting as if you can get away with selling kilos of coke. He's an idiot, he deserves no praise, he didn't NEED to go make more money selling drugs, and he's not some genius for wrapping his head around the math involved in drug dealing.

He was able to run the operations of buying and selling a product. Something that a good proportion of the population is incapable of doing. That is all my "praise" extends to. Not his inability to properly assess the risks of expanding too far or taking the risk in itself.

And in this country, the bigger your paycheck is, the more "worth it" you are. That's how it's always been, and always will be, no matter how silly it is. Hence, people will always crave for more, no matter how silly it seems.

"business skills" lol

yeah. Donald Driver dealt drugs when he was a kid because that's what put food on the table. He got his shot to make it in the NFL and he was grateful for it and made something of himself. Hurd, on the other hand, is probably just some wannabe gansta.

---------- Post added December-16th-2011 at 07:15 PM ----------

oh, poor guy, only making a minimum of $350,000 a year. How EVER will he get by?

He was able to run the operations of buying and selling a product.

He got caught, so apparently not.

yeah. Donald Driver dealt drugs when he was a kid because that's what put food on the table. He got his shot to make it in the NFL and he was grateful for it and made something of himself. Hurd, on the other hand, is probably just some wannabe gansta.

oh, poor guy, only making a minimum of $350,000 a year. How EVER will he get by?

Considering that you used the vague but technically correct "millions", I thought it necessary to give the proper amount of "millions" he made along with an comparison to his potential profits. No commentary was provided about him suffering or the like.

Archived