Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WashingtonExaminer-Thom Loverro: It's hard to find much to like about these Redskins

my_friend_goo

Well, first of all, that column seemed rather short. If that's all he has to write, he's got a pretty sweet gig.

But basically, his only reason to not like anybody is because they talk too much. Seems pretty weak.

But I don't pay much attention to the local media that don't have a connection to the team. Loverro makes it very clear he's not a fan of the team in general and he could care less about the team if he weren't being paid for it. Wilbon's the same way. Everytime he talks about the Redskins, it comes with a disclaimer up front of his disdain for the team. Which is fine, but don't expect me to pay attention to your opinions on the situation. Neutral's one thing, but anti is totally different.

I like how Mike Sellers continues to show his leadership. Sunday he stepped in to yank Gomes away from a potential personal foul when he was jawing with a Seahawk.

I like how Perry Riley, when given the chance, has stepped in to a starting role and played great. And, I like how the coaches put him in a position to succeed. How often have we seen Skins coaches stick with a guy because he was the starter? Hell, when was the last time a BACKUP stepped in to play better than the starter?

We've seen glimpses of draft pick success (Horton comes to mind) only to see them fail. I'm liking what I see from all of last years picks. Great job Mr. Allen!!

also what did helu do when he scored the TD and got first downs?? got up and gave the ball to the ref...i love helu's demeanor, alot like barry sanders

also what did helu do when he scored the TD and got first downs?? got up and gave the ball to the ref...i love helu's demeanor, alot like barry sanders

Of course, someone's going to come along claiming that "Helu doesn't have that swagger that all good running backs do" because he doesn't do that stuff...

Archived