Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sources: Urban Meyer joins Ohio State

SWFLSkins

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7289592/urban-meyer-joins-ohio-state-buckeyes-coach-1-year-hiatus-sources-say

Former Florida coach Urban Meyer has taken the head coaching job at Ohio State, sources confirmed to ESPN on Monday.

Meyer

Ohio State will hold a news conference at 5:15 p.m. ET at the Fawcett Center to introduce its new coach. It did not mention Meyer, a native of Ashtabula, Ohio.

\Florida Fans left scratching his head. :ols:

He's a mercenary.

Proof

November 18, 2004

Meyer tells a young boy on the Urban Meyer Coach's Show, "I plan on being the coach at the University of Utah next year."

November 30, 2004

Meyer tells The Deseret News (When asked about Florida) "All I keep saying is I plan on being the coach here at Utah."

December 3, 2004

Meyer leaves Utah and takes HC job at Florida

Notice how he said that for every coaching job he had. It's like Nick Saban all over again. "I'm not going to be the Alabama head coach, I told you this time and time again"

A few weeks later he bolts the Dolphins

Slimeball

As much as I hate a good coach going to OSU, it's nothing any of us wouldn't do if presented with a great job offer. He tells people what is true at the time. He can't go and say "I'm probably going to be somewhere else if I get the right offer." Can we just operate that people nowadays are generally loyal only to money or career advancement? Recruits have to understand that, fans have to understand that, and the families of these coaches have to understand that.

The most hilarious thing is how he "resigned" from Florida due to "heart problems". And OSU fan is spinning it like THIS IS HIS ONE CHANCE TO GET HIS DREAM JOB. I THINK HE DID HAVE HEALTH ISSUES BUT HE CAN COACH OSU

Clown, if he actually had health problems do you think it would be safe for him to pursue his "dream job"

How long until he bolts for Notre Dame

Rofl

What a clown and what a fraud. I saw the SI piece on him. I saw how his family rejoiced at him being back. His daughter was adamant that her dad would stay, saying HE AIN'T GOING NOWHERE ALL THE RUMORS ARE FALSE

What a shame

What a scumbag

What a morally bereft slimeball

Several years ago University of Wyoming had a decent BB coach named Larry Shyatt. A year or so in he got his "DREAM JOB" Clemson. He bolted and even sued UW. He tanked at Clemson got fired traveled around was an asst coach at Fla during J Noahs era. Now he's been hired back at UW. Grass isn't always greener. Let's see what happens at Ohio State. I'd love to see the drama queen bottom out and just go away. But I didn't like him at Utah. He'd run the score up with a 40 point lead and 5 secs left in the game.

He's a mercenary.

Proof

Notice how he said that for every coaching job he had. It's like Nick Saban all over again. "I'm not going to be the Alabama head coach, I told you this time and time again"

A few weeks later he bolts the Dolphins

Slimeball

I think you are going a little far with the slimeball thing. What's he suppossed to tell people? "I probably won't be here?" Every coach in the nation tells them the exact same thing regardless if they may be leaving.

I mean, I could care less one way or another about the guy, but he isn't doing anything all other coaches wouldn't do. Who wouldn't leave Utah for Florida?

Check the link

It wasn't just Utah to Florida

It was weaseling out of Florida

Roight the health issue was the excuse, he could have easily stayed at Florida and got a boat load more money, the recruits are there and Gainesville is one of the best places in the US to live. More Mensa members per ca-pita than anywhere in the US. He was weaseling when the Tressel hit the fan.

Several years ago University of Wyoming had a decent BB coach named Larry Shyatt. A year or so in he got his "DREAM JOB" Clemson. He bolted and even sued UW. He tanked at Clemson got fired traveled around was an asst coach at Fla during J Noahs era. Now he's been hired back at UW. Grass isn't always greener. Let's see what happens at Ohio State. I'd love to see the drama queen bottom out and just go away. But I didn't like him at Utah. He'd run the score up with a 40 point lead and 5 secs left in the game.

Well, in fairness coaches fail for a variety of reasons. The way you described it, doesn't mean that the grass is greener at "home" but that he couldn't cut it. Maybe he wasn't comfortable doing the things morally bereft coaches can? I don't think that's a "true" failure.

Archived