Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Molestation Allegations Against Syracuse Assistant Coach

Bostic Hog

I'm no expert, but I'm going to guess that a guy admitting that another guy sexually assaulted him is one of the most difficult crimes for a victim to report in our society. So I will be honest when I admit that I err on the side of the alleged victim in most of these cases, and that's why I was so bothered by Boeheim's (and those who came forward initially to support Sandusky) comments.

It's just as hard for a woman to report a sexual assault too. Being a man has no bearing on what any victim of sexual assault feels or the difficulty in coming forward, if one thinks that one won't be believed.

I'm no expert, but I'm going to guess that a guy admitting that another guy sexually assaulted him is one of the most difficult crimes for a victim to report in our society. So I will be honest when I admit that I err on the side of the alleged victim in most of these cases, and that's why I was so bothered by Boeheim's (and those who came forward initially to support Sandusky) comments.

Male rape is one of the most difficult crimes for guys to report and for some friends and family members to acknowledge.

There was a made for tv movie about a macho cop who didn't take female sexual assaults seriously until he became victim himself. His father asked him why didn't he choose death instead of disgracing the family.

Female victims have it rough too but our society to an extent has finally able to get over the it was your fault you got rape mindset in most places.

Just got back from Jamaica last night and had very little news on this in the Caribbean. Sure does seem as though Boeheim could be in trouble.

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 08:48 AM ----------

This appears to be a totally different situation than Paterno at Penn State. It really looks like Boeheim was blindsided by these revelations...there is no evidence I've seen or heard that he had any inkling this was going on. Paterno did.

The alleged victim claims that Boeheim knew that the kid was in hotel rooms, while at the NCAA tourney, at various times with Fine -- came in saw him on the bed. And he was Fine's "Guest" at various away trips and stayed in his room. How could Boeheim NOT know??

The alleged victim claims that Boeheim knew that the kid was in hotel rooms, while at the NCAA tourney, at various times with Fine -- came in saw him on the bed. And he was Fine's "Guest" at various away trips and stayed in his room. How could Boeheim NOT know??

Boeheim says that claim is absolutely false. He says it's a lie because ball boys have NEVER been allowed to travel with the team and have NEVER travelled with the team.

Boeheim says that claim is absolutely false. He says it's a lie because ball boys have NEVER been allowed to travel with the team and have NEVER travelled with the team.

And the victim says he wasn't the ball-boy, but he was there as Fine's "guest". So Syracuse travels to the final four in 1987, and Fine brings this kid as his guest (not any longer a ball-boy). Should be easy enough to find out with hotel records.

And the victim says he wasn't the ball-boy, but he was there as Fine's "guest". So Syracuse travels to the final four in 1987, and Fine brings this kid as his guest (not any longer a ball-boy). Should be easy enough to find out with hotel records.

Regardless what he says, Boeheim adamantly denies it and in the case of Syracuse, I believe him. Boeheim is in no trouble at all based on what I have seen in the media.

• 2 weeks later...
Regardless what he says, Boeheim adamantly denies it and in the case of Syracuse, I believe him. Boeheim is in no trouble at all based on what I have seen in the media.

The DA said the victims were credible -- just that the statute of limitations had expired. I do believe that the laws are going to change about molestation/child sexual assault after these messes - and now, the AAU.

The DA said the victims were credible -- just that the statute of limitations had expired. I do believe that the laws are going to change about molestation/child sexual assault after these messes - and now, the AAU.

I am not saying that sexual assault didn't exist, or not credible. What I am questioning is Boeheim witnessing the boy having sleepovers with the assistant when the team travels. I am not buying it in Boeheims case.

Archived