Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this Dallas Week?

gchwood

It really doesn't matter anymore. I use to get up for this game but this team is so bad right now and maybe in time it will pick back up once we start competing. I just hate the cowboy fans here in the DMV. They talk so much trash I just want the skins to shut them up but the skins just make things worse by losing to these 1 win teams.

I am a Die Hard Redskin fan and always will but lately I am running out of material. It's draining defending the team and watching other teams run up the score and we can't score 1 TD. You guys have at it...

Yeah its pretty sad. There have been recent years when we've had home games close to the end of the season against Dallas where our season was definitely over (2003, 2009) and the excitement level was somewhat muted. But we're pretty much still in the "middle" of the season, and its just blah. I think the most similar situation was in 2006 with Gibbs when I think we were 2-5, coming off a bye week and losing three straight.....but was the excitement level for the home Cowboys game as low as it is this season?

we want this season to end, draft picks are a plus when we win 3 games, hell.

This!!!

This is an agonizing season to sit through. I live for football, but there is absolutly no fun/enjoyment in watching a team get pummled into an oblivion week after frustrating week. I feel like im in an abusive relationship, and only staying in it for the kids' sake.

Whats the point. I, myself, love the Skins more than I hate the Cowboys. In this abortion of a season, I dont see the benifit of winning a game that

A. Wont change the overall outcome of the season

B.Nobody thinks we have an iceberg's chance in Africa of winning

C. Wont change the culture of this team

D. Will not be a shiny spot on the abyss that is the 2011-12 football season for us

E. Ruin Dallas' chances at a playoff run, they wot make it anyway

All that we are doing at this juncture is positioning ourselves for a missed oppertunity on a draft pick that could turn this team around.. Stick your pride in your watchpocket jack!!!

I think one reason this game has zero buzz and doesn't feel like a real "Dallas week" is the fact that this Redskins team is so full of new faces and guys that really have no concept of the team's tradition (and how could they?), what this rivalry means to fans, etc. From a fan standpoint, we can recognize this, even if it's on a subconscious level.

I mean, even in the recent past, you know Cooley is a Redskin and hates Dallas. He's not on the field. You know Moss is Cowboy Killer. Not on the field. Samuels used to truly hate that team. Not playing anymore. Portis understood the rivalry. I have footage of him yelling "F*** Dallas!" into the camera after the Monday Night Miracle in 2005. No longer on the team.

My point is, there have always been players on our team that we could really look to during these games, players that we could view as "pure Redskins," or something close to that. Now, it just seems like a bunch of mercenaries out there, for the most part.

I don't even know if some of these guys care or even think about what uniform they're wearing. They are just playing for a job at this point. When I'm watching this lineup now, I feel like I'm watching a bunch of guys wearing Redskin uniforms. I don't really feel a part of it. I don't feel like these guys are an extension of me as a fan. A lot of that's understandable, as some of them are rookies, some of them are first-year guys, etc., but ... it still sucks, and it definitely takes a lot of emotion out of the whole experience.

I'm going to the game on Sunday and honestly I would be surprised if my section is not utterly swamped with silver and blue NBD morons, if it's quiet enough to hear a mouse fart when our defense hits the field, and if we don't give up at least 30 points and can't put up more than 6. I've been saying it all week, I feel like I'm going to a funeral at Fedex. Normally I would be saying stuff like "shame on you it's the cowturds show up and keep it from looking like jerruhworld out there." but I just can't do it. Do I still believe in the rebuild? Yes. Do I still believe were gonna contend come about 2013? Yes. Do I believe that all this depression really just comes from seeing Ls week after week even though we all knew it was coming. Of course. Better days are sure to come ladies and gents, and when they do oh my dear sweet lord is it going to be pure ecstasy for all of us who have stuck with them. But either way, halfa** as it is, Dallas Sucks. HTTR.

One of the few things I can see in our favor is the Pukes have put together 3 good wins and the media is singing their praises again. One thing I have noticed about the Cowboys in the Tony Romo sits to pee Era is when the media hypea them up the start to drink the Cool Aid and believe the hype then go and lay an egg.

I have asked the football gods that if the Redskins win the next 2 games I will not ask for anything for the Redskins the rest of the season. Cowboy because it is the Cowboys and the Seahawks because I live in the Seattle Area and would love to have bragging rights and my x-girlfriend is a Seahawks Fan!

:dallasuck :seahawksu

Archived