Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How does this rookie class of LB's compare to years past? (Updated 29 DEC 2011)

Drew_Fl

Awards are for the players, not fans. I could care less. The only trophy I want bragging rights about is when my team holds up a Lombardi. Kerrigan will get some votes, but I think at this point someone else will win it. Your teams winning has alot to do with awards evern if someone wouldn't admit it.

With our owners and the way our teams play, we may never live to see another Lombardi for our team lol.

Very true. Example: Wares 20 sack 6 FF season in 2008. Dallas had a very average team, and Pittsburgh was excellent, so Harrison(16 sacks 7 FF) won it. Not that Harrison wasn't a deserving winner, but he decisively beat Ware in voting. Difference? Team success. (Just an example, lets not derail the thread into who should of gotten it)

A factor that goes against Kerrigan, although the rest of the top contenders aren't exactly on playoff teams either.

I've always hated that. It's in all sports. Baseball and Basketball are the worst, especially when it comes to MVP- Most Valuable "Player" meaning the player that put up the best stats in the league. Not the player whose stats were the most valuable to his team winning. I guess some will interpret it that way, but I look at it as the player who put up the best stats. Period.

With our owners and the way our teams play, we may never live to see another Lombardi for our team lol.

My owner is about my age. Your's is older (but his son will take over eventuall). Don't do that to me. :mad::(

Miller looked pretty good tonight. 9 tackles 1.5 sacks and a FF. Got pretty consistent pressure on the QB.
That he did. Very impressed with his play.

He was a beast. Also, he earns points from me for getting away with 2 late hits against the most annoying and over-hyped QB in the NFL (imo anyways).

Yea Von was a beast tonight. He and Elvis are a sick pass rush combo. Damn.

This is the real reason they're winning right now IMO. The improved pass rush as of late is really propelling the defense to some good performances.

If Von keeps playing like this I really wouldn't be shocked if we saw him on the pro bowl roster, especially since Harrison and Woodley have been banged up this season. Or this may just be a hot streak, we'll see.

The #16 pick just beat the #9 pick around the edge for a Romo sits to pee sack. I will be updating the stats after all of them played.

---------- Post added November-20th-2011 at 02:32 PM ----------

Also, any more rookie LB's i should add to the list?

• 1 month later...

Archived