Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it time for the Youth Movement to begin?

rookieskin

Seriously, It is time to realize that this team is not "special" in the way that Shanny seemed to imply during the bye.

Can we please see Hankerson, AA, and TA.

Can we get healthy doses of Roy and Royster?

I'd like to see Davis with copious sides of Logan.

Please let me see Young involved.

How about the young CB B. Thompson?

Time for a REAL youth movement, not jusut lip service.

Raise your hand if you thought that AA was a possible break-out player at the beginning of last year?

Oh, and while I am at it, can we PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE lock up Fred Davis to a long-term contract? PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE?

I'm down with extending Fred. Landry hasn't been a impact player for awhile now. If he wanted top safety money, let somebody else spend it.

Being huge....so huge that your legs can't carry the weight isn't something I want to sink a huge signing bonus in. His health is an issue.

LaRon has been the best player on D. He had game changing plays against Philly and Dallas and our offense couldn't capitalize. Since moving back to his natural positions he has proven to be one of the leagues best.

Ive been campaigning this. I'd rather deal with rookie mistakes as a rookie than deal with them as 2nd/3rd year players. On the job experience......

Although watching Hank run the complete wrong route was pretty disheartening. And he practically threw Beck under the bus via Twitter.

He believes he ran the right route, who knows.....

Ive been campaigning this. I'd rather deal with rookie mistakes as a rookie than deal with them as 2nd/3rd year players. On the job experience......

Although watching Hank run the complete wrong route was pretty disheartening. And he practically threw Beck under the bus via Twitter.

He believes he ran the right route, who knows.....

Hankerson can go play somewhere else. Honestly, he hasn't shown a thing in preseason or otherwise that makes me think he's a capable NFL starter. The name 'Stankerson' was well deserved.

Hankerson can go play somewhere else. Honestly, he hasn't shown a thing in preseason or otherwise that makes me think he's a capable NFL starter. The name 'Stankerson' was well deserved.

I hope coach figures this WR thing out. Nothing is working out for us. This is getting sad. We have no hope for the future.

Seriously, It is time to realize that this team is not "special" in the way that Shanny seemed to imply during the bye.

Can we please see Hankerson, AA, and TA.

Can we get healthy doses of Roy and Royster?

I'd like to see Davis with copious sides of Logan.

Please let me see Young involved.

How about the young CB B. Thompson?

Time for a REAL youth movement, not jusut lip service.

Raise your hand if you thought that AA was a possible break-out player at the beginning of last year?

Oh, and while I am at it, can we PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE lock up Fred Davis to a long-term contract? PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE?

I'm thinking you are going to get your wish.

I think Beck will be more comfortable with the non starters, due to practicing with them more. That and the unfortunate injury bug.

You have nothing to lose. Why not?

During the offseason I was insistent that we'd be somewhat decent because of all the young talent on this team like Banks and ATV and Orakpo, we need to go younger, not older. The vets are getting beat up now, showcase the young kids.

#FreeHankerson

its absolutely time for the youth movement. davis, paulsen, and paul were the only bright spots in the passing game yesterday. they showed what they can do. none of our young receivers are getting a chance with moss and gaffney on the field. imo ive questioned the gaffney trade since day 1. cooley should have been on ir since week 1 giving paulsen more playing time as backup. the time is now. hankerson, paul, and austin need to start next week. as well as helu.

on a side note, what was up with that darrel young play? how was that not a false start he definately wasnt going in motion. but i lol'd

You any anyone else will get their wish soon enough. With Moss's hand and Hightower's knee we're going to see more of Paul/Austin/Royster at the very least. With OJ/Reed hurt we might seen Thompson or another DB pulled up from the PS. I'd like to see Hankerson but I would trust our coaching staff to know if he is ready or not yet.

he doesnt. at all. he has to say that to the media because its the right thing to say. he knows we're a young team that is still being built. everything else is just coach speak.

So why is Santana Moss our lead WR? Why is Cooley still on this team? Why is Gaffeny here? If we're going to loose lets do it with the youth. Donte Stallworth? This is like Joey Galloway and Roydell Williams 2.0

Coach looks lost. We have no identity and look to be headed in no clear direction.

Ive been on the start the youth movement since day one. I have known this team is no more than a 6-10 7-9 team with its best play. What is the point of going 7-9 with the old guys playing? I would much rather be 4-12 5-11 with the young guys playing. Higher draft pick and less ammo we need to have to grab one of the top QBs this year.

I still question why traded for Gaffney. I understand why we needed to move the DE (name is escaping me at the moment) but for an older WR when we drafted 3 doesnt make sense. A older ILB or a cover OLB would of made more sense. A 4th or 5th round pick would of been best but was unlikely.

It does seem that Shanny wants to have his cake and eat it too. You cant build for the future and win now. It just comes out half way in between. A mediocre team with some decent pieces but not enough to make the next step.

So why is Santana Moss our lead WR? Why is Cooley still on this team? Why is Gaffeny here? If we're going to loose lets do it with the youth. Donte Stallworth? This is like Joey Galloway and Roydell Williams 2.0

Coach looks lost. We have no identity and look to be headed in no clear direction.

ugh. a youth movement doesnt just mean "play every single player under the age of 24 and cut everyone thats 28 and older". moss plays because hes a good receiver. hes a good leader for the younger receivers. he has experience. hes helpful on offense. not every rookie in the league needs to be thrown to the wolves. cooley is BARELY on this team dude. what are they gonna do, cut him? classy move. hes not taking playing time away from anybody, he blatantly knows hes lost a step as does the staff. for gods sake davis is our leading receiver lol. stallworth was inactive yesterday.

how does shanahan look lost? he looks like a coach who is trying to make lemonade with 3 rocks and a donut. we just dont have the horses yet. we put all of our effort on to the defensive side of the ball. aside from one bad game yesterday, our D has been great. give it time, this **** doesnt happen overnight dude.

24 players are currently on the active roster aged 25 or under, 9 of whom are rookies. Jarvis Jenkins would of made it 25 at age 23 ® had he not gone down with injury. Brandyn Thompson, at 21, another rookie, has also seen time this year. That's nigh on half the 53 25 or under. Oh, Evan Royster's about to doubtless make the step up adding another 23 year old and making 10 rookies on the active roster now THT is down.

Of those, 14, including 2 rookies (Barnes, Davis, Gano, Helu, Hightower, Kerrigan, Orakpo, Paulsen, Torrain, Williams and Young; with Banks, Gano and Sundberg on teams), have seen significant time on the field; and the others bar Riley and the rookies Hurt and White have gotten some live action plays.

I'd love to see more of the young wideouts, Robinson included; with Nield more in the NT rotation; Hurt, White and Smith getting a look; and Thompson re-activated along with Worthington activated. And I'm sure as the season rolls more youth will get more significant playing time to evaluate just what we have.

But to be fair to the coaching staff, particularly given the ageing roster they inherited, I think the 'youth movement' on the Redskins is WELL under way.

Hail.

GHH I believe he is talking about the youngins actually getting significant time/starting. Best example was yesterday was with Reed Doubt me starting instead of Dejon Gomes. We know exactly what we have with him. A decent in the box SS who cant cover me running down the field let alone a Starting WR in the NFL.

The list of the guys that should be playing while taking their lumps is very small compared to what it should be. Next week I am hopeful for AA as the only 25+ WR to play but I know we will have the top of AA, Gaffney, and Stallworth playing most of the snaps. To me that is just F'in retarded.

LaRon is overrated he has had 1/2 of a great season the rest were average. This year he looks average since he came back. He will wanted to much money so let someone else bite the bullet

LaRon has been one of our best players. If the offense could capitalize off the turnovers he caused we would be in good shape.

GHH I believe he is talking about the youngins actually getting significant time/starting. Best example was yesterday was with Reed Doubt me starting instead of Dejon Gomes. We know exactly what we have with him. A decent in the box SS who cant cover me running down the field let alone a Starting WR in the NFL.

The list of the guys that should be playing while taking their lumps is very small compared to what it should be. Next week I am hopeful for AA as the only 25+ WR to play but I know we will have the top of AA, Gaffney, and Stallworth playing most of the snaps. To me that is just F'in retarded.

Exactly.

That is why i was so irritated at the trade for Gafney. I think Gaffney has been under-ratted his entire carreer, but he is on the down-side and J Jarmon in the small spots he had played, had brought fire and shown flashes.

Now I would love to see Barnes, Thompson, Neild, Roy, TA, Niles, starting, and getting healthy doses of Royster, and Stankerson, With Davis, and Young being featured in the Offense.

One of the factors may be our lack of any depth on the OL.

Someone should start a thread on that fact alone.

We gambled that the OL as consituted would hold together, but that has come back to bite us horribly.

Now even with the Youth featured, our O will still sputter, because you are trying to impliement your O behind a pathetic line that has no real cohesion.

+)&^$(&*%#)_(*&^*UI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived