Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants vs. Redskins Prediction Thread

JJredskins00

Tom,

A lot of us are remembering that we had five turnovers and 12 penalties for you guys to squeak by us at your house last year near the end of the year. At some point the Redskins are going to go through a game with no turnovers. If it's this week you're toast.

I have two predictions. If Smoot is totally healthy and right, the Skins finally put a complete game together and make something of a statement.

Washington 34,

New York 13

If Smoot is out or just not right I'll go:

Washington 24,

New York 23

Straight out, Tom, the Skins LBs are going to treat Collins and Barber like Annabelle Chong. Surround, take turns and treat in assorted undignified fashions. Barber and Toomer and the rest will be metaphorical fluffers for our stars while they wait for Arrington to be finished with Kerry.

Tom,

It's not that I'm confident at all really. Sure, I'm confident if we play relatively mistake free that you don't have a chance. I just don't know if we'll ever get to that point :). But, let's just say if Morton decides now is the time to break a run or two and we don't turn the ball over twice a game and we don't have double digit penalties then you're toast. And if we do, you'll be in the game at least :).

Guest skinsmatic

I think the skins have the better talent,

QB Key one

Colins admitted he still hears foot steps when he under pressure. The key is to put pressure on Collins and hell fold like a blanket.

Ramsey so far hasn't shown any signs of fear! The Giants don't know whether to sell out on the rush or try to scheme him.

Offensive line, neither teams O Line is living up to expectations. But at least the Skins line is healthy.

Defensive line Giants appear to have the advantage, but skins can neutralize if spurrier calls a balance Game Plan.

Secondary Redskins should have the advantage especially if receivers are taking longer to get open, which should be the case. Giving Arrington and Smith additional time to get to the QB whose easily rattled.

Then there is the Running Game, Tiki is or should be concerned about fumbling so I expect him to be playing cautiously.

The same can be said about Trung and Betts. Running attack is even.

So the difference will then be which coach can keep their QB calm, spurrier or Fassel. So if skins get to collins early and put him on his butt then the skins win. If the skins don't get to collins then the giants have a chance.

If Collins is picking hisself up after every play whether run or pass! Then the skins dominate all stats, time, field position and earn a W.

Originally posted by Art

Tom,

It's not that I'm confident at all really. Sure, I'm confident if we play relatively mistake free that you don't have a chance. I just don't know if we'll ever get to that point :). But, let's just say if Morton decides now is the time to break a run or two and we don't turn the ball over twice a game and we don't have double digit penalties then you're toast. And if we do, you'll be in the game at least :).

Art, you can say this about any team. I'll put it this way:

If Brian Mitchell breaks one or two runs, and Collins doesn't throw any interceptions, and barber decides not to fumble, and they don't have as many penalties as they've had so far, then you're 'toast'.

EL,

You can't say the same in reverse. The Giants can play largely mistake free and that doesn't mean we're done. If anything we've finally begun to show that even when a team plays largely perfect football in terms of mistakes, we can beat them. See the Jets as an example.

Again, I point to last year's 27-21 loss to the Giants. They had no turnovers, averaged nearly 30 yards a kick return, and we had five turnovers with 12 penalties and they still ONLY won by six in a game we continued to have not only the ability to win but SHOULD have won until the final dumb turnover on another positive play.

If the Giants play well it will obviously help them along. But we already know what the Giants can do to us playing well. And we know that even with six sacks, 12 penalties and 5 turnovers, we're in the game with this team. We cut those in half and we win last year. This year, we win bigger :).

Oh its time, for the Skins26 "Oh No You Didnt Pick Of The Week"

And Oh Yes I Did

Your Washington Redskins 38

Giants 0*

*Skins get good field position to start the game due to Matt Bryant's kickoff sailing out of bounds. hahaha.......the Giants never recover and dont get the offense rolling with a drunk Kerri Collins.

If Smoot is out, which appears likely :

Giants 37

Skins 32

... largely due to the DL not putting any pressure on KC. I also have a hunch that the skins OL needs another couple weeks to jell, Candidate will be a non factor ( I have major doubts about him ) and Ramsey is about due for a dissappointment; not in the scoreboard, but more INT's which are inevitable with young qb's.

Archived