Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants vs. Redskins Prediction Thread

JJredskins00

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Ghost,

You think the Skins are more talented at WR, TE, RB, and QB than the Giants?

Tom we are more talented at WR than the giants. LC is right now the #1 WR in the NFL. Toomer is great but Hillard doesn't compare to Gardner right now. Ike has his moments but you were mentioning that Gardner got a lot of his numbers by being the #1 WR, you just disproved your point because we all know Hillard can never be a #1 so that makes Gardner better.

TE you kill us not even close there, heck your TE is better then all of ours put together.

RB I give you the edge, but that is starting to slip. Tiki is great but he fumbles to much, heck we should have beat you guys in that second game because of the fumble the refs didn't call on Tiki. Betts and Candidate together make up and all-star type of back. I give us the edge with those two over Tike and anyone else. If it comes to one back then yes tiki is superior.

QB they way they have played this year Ramsey has performed better and you can't deny that. We both are having issues on our offensive line but that doesn't seem to affect Ramsey, it does Collins though. Collins looked like crap the first half of the monday night game. He was better in the second but Dallas was also playing a prevent type of defense. To be honest Kerry is starting to look like the real Kerry now. I have never been impressed by him and feel he has already played his best years.

What this game is going to come down to is champ and toomer. If champ can do Toomer like he did Price then I can't see the Giants winning. If Toomer has a huge game then it is anyones game.

I have to give the skins the edge because we didn't lose to the cowgirls :laugh: If we can protect Ramsey and get some pressure on Collins the skins will win easily. If that doesn't happen then it will be a close game. I am not worried about tiki since our run defense is playing great.

I also have the feeling that the skins no how important it will be to be 2 up on the giants and soon to be 3 up on philly after they lost Buffalo next week. This is home division game, we have to win.

Skins 24

GMEN 20

I watched that Dallas/Giants game again as I taped it because a lot of you want to point out that the Cowboys were in a prevent D. They actually were not. The Giants spread the field a lot more in the second half which made it look like they were in prevent. The Giants actually made an excellent adjustment at halftime which enabled them to move the ball pretty freely, not because Dallas was in a prevent D.

Man, you guys have made me want tomorrow at 4:05 to come so fast!!!

Don't flame me for this, but as a Skins fan, I would give my left nut to have Tiki, fumbles and all. He's just too much of a threat. What he did last year was simply amazing, especially considering the line he was operating with. If Tiki was a Redskin, behind our line, he'd be virtually guaranteed a 100 yard game every sunday. You can train a guy not to fumble - you can't train Tiki's speed, toughness, acceleration, and ability to catch out of the backfield. He has all of Trung's advantages, and (unlike Trung) he's an every down back. Just imagine what Tiki would do in our RB screens...

In fact, when it came to preseason predictions, the reason I predicted that the NFC East would end up with the Giants in first, the Skins second, Eagles third and 'Girls fourth (with us vying for a wild card) is at least in part because I think the Giants have the BEST ground game in the division.

That being said, the Giants also at this point have the WORST O-line in the division. They royally sucketh gigantic monkey balls. And that's why I think the Skins will kill the ground game this Sunday. Tiki still needs folks to block for him, and the CFL fodder the Giants have lined up is just pathetic. The Dallas D is not that good - and they looked amazing on Monday playing against those creampuffs.

On the other positional comparisons - Shockey and Hilliard are both good, but overrated (Toomer, on the other hand, is very good and actually underrated). Our WR skill is slightly better in my opinion (I would say we were better, but I need to see Taylor Jacobs make catches in a real game before I say that). QB is tough - Ramsey and Collins both suffer from being streaky, throwing high, etc., but Collins has been doing it his whole career, and Ramsey hasn't shown any of it since last season... so I think it's a wash. Our D is the one place where our strength is significantly better - and will it still be as significant with Smoot a question mark?

In the end, if the front seven can get to Collins early and often, and pound the guy into the ground, this game will be a victory.

BD

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

I watched that Dallas/Giants game again as I taped it because a lot of you want to point out that the Cowboys were in a prevent D. They actually were not. The Giants spread the field a lot more in the second half which made it look like they were in prevent. The Giants actually made an excellent adjustment at halftime which enabled them to move the ball pretty freely, not because Dallas was in a prevent D.

Man, you guys have made me want tomorrow at 4:05 to come so fast!!!

Well one thing their D was getting tired, but it doesn't matter you still LOST to the cowpokes :puke:

I thought we fixed the special teams in the offseason??

It's a good match up for us with the Giants banged up oline.

Banged up Giants oline=

Pass rush from Skins dline=

lots of big plays from Lavar, Champ, and Iffy=

Skins win with great defense. Trotter will keep Tiki in check. Toomer will make a couple of plays on Champ, but it won't be enough. Collins will have 2 pics, Ramsey will have 1.

Skins 23

Giants 13

jbooma,

We did fix the special teams in the offseason. The Giants forgot to fix the coaching staff. Fassel said in an interview that he told the special teams coach to have Bryant squib kick down the middle but it has been reported that the special teams coach for whatever reason told Bryant to squib it left. It still shouldn't have gone out of bounds but squibbing it down the middle at least would have run enough time off the clock where they would have only had a long hail mary pass.

Maybe it wasn't the players that needed the fixing. :doh:

Although, I do love our new punter!!

Ghost,

That 25 yard completion was the fault of one man. Shaun Williams. He was out of place on the play. He was actually supposed to be exactly where Carter threw the ball. Fassel spoke about that. And spoke to him about it.

To be honest, if the Giants would have spread the field to begin with, I think they would have worn down the Dallas D a lot sooner and would have had success moving the ball in the first half.

But enough about what could have been. That games is long over. There are more important things ahead of the Giants.

I do think this skins board overrates the RB combo. Candidate sucks, always has, and there's a logical reason why Martz disowned him. He was an overrated 3rd down back in college, and that will show as the season progresses, I'm sure. Betts? He hits the hole with a bit more authority than Candidate ( who doesn't ) but I just don't see that guy amounting to anything worth holding on to for a long length of time. He's just cheap stop gap material until Snyder finds a decent FA. No, the skins RB's aren't as good as Tiki Barber, despite his fumbleitis.

But none of that will probably matter much. Like EL mentioned, Collins is solid when he has time, and the skins DL is currently good at giving opposing qb's time. If Smoot isn't playing, it could make for a disastrous scenario. I think the Redskins will be very fortunate to win this one.... Rasmsey is due for a bad game.

Giants need the win more and don't want to drop two games off the pace only three games into the season. 10-sack Giant rush facing 10-sack Redskin protection won't be pretty to watch. Stout Giant rushing defense won't help the Redskins offense either, particularly in the red zone where we'll bog down.

On defense, I'm guessing Smoot will be out, and the Giant OL protection should pick up with Petitgout expected back. Collins will have time to throw and some good targets.

Feels like a Giants win.

Giants 27, Redskins 19

Originally posted by JetSolo

I do think this skins board overrates the RB combo. Candidate sucks, always has, and there's a logical reason why Martz disowned him. He was an overrated 3rd down back in college, and that will show as the season progresses, I'm sure. Betts? He hits the hole with a bit more authority than Candidate ( who doesn't ) but I just don't see that guy amounting to anything worth holding on to for a long length of time. He's just cheap stop gap material until Snyder finds a decent FA. No, the skins RB's aren't as good as Tiki Barber, despite his fumbleitis.

But none of that will probably matter much. Like EL mentioned, Collins is solid when he has time, and the skins DL is currently good at giving opposing qb's time. If Smoot isn't playing, it could make for a disastrous scenario. I think the Redskins will be very fortunate to win this one.... Rasmsey is due for a bad game.

Bored over there in Jetland? Maybe the Jets go 0-16. :laugh:

I see Skins winning 28 - 21 WIth the edge bc we are home... If we beat the Giants The Eagles are not out of the race. But i am feeling the Giants as more of a threat right now even though it was just 2 games... Also, Quincy Carter is looking very good also I dont know what he did but he is looking superb imo

Jetsolo- I can accept your criticism of Canidate as you seem to know something about him, but as for Betts, you give no reason why he's not good, other than seemingly a gut feeling. He's looked very good in the limited action he's had, and I have no reason to believe that he can't be an every down RB for this team. I don't think you can give a reason either.

Ramsey due for a bad game? I wouldn't bet too much on that. He and the Skins are on a four game winning streak dating back to last year and he has been up and down in each game, but we've still pulled him out. It's just as likely that he'll have an outstanding game as it is he'll have a poor one.

Originally posted by JetSolo

Jetsolo, I agree if you take the rb one on one then Tiki is better. But we don't do that here we have two that are just fine. Last I looked both have outgained any jet rb's even the "Great" Curtis Martin. Tiki is a great back but he fumbles all the time. If you combined Betts and Candidate they are one heck of back. Beware of Betts he reminds me of a faster better hands Steven Davis :)

The fact Trung is averaging 5.4 yards a carry and shredded the atlanta D is nice, they do have a very good run defense, the weakness was the pass defense.

Archived