Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Andrew Luck unimpressed by fans hoping losses lead to drafting him

Of course, but it seems like they are holding out Peyton Manning. I understand he has a neck injury, but towards the beginning of the season he was going to be ready in a couple of weeks. Now he might not see the field at all? I know, I know conspiracy theory lol.

:ols: come on now man,, he had two neck surgeries in one month, went to France for stem cell therapy... and they're wondering how much nerve damage he may suffer if he plays.

I tell you this.

Manning is done. And if he's not, he's taking a HUGE risk on the rest of his life. I think that will trump anything else.

~Bang

No doubt! My naighbor is the ****iest Dolphins fan you will ever meet, he still says there world beaters this year and have just had a tough schedule... Says his division will sweep ours and that the Skins are a joke.... In 28 years, he is the only person I have been close to punching in the face over football.

I hope we slaughter them in November!

Dolphins fans are easy to get rid of. My best friend is a Dolphins fan and he's not an obnoxious type, but when I want to joke around with him, all I have to say is, "Hey Rob, 70 Chip!" He starts cussing up a storm. Its hilarious.

The case against tanking a season for a #1 draft pick "Franchise" QB can be argued so many ways, but for me the most obvious is this.

Which team has been more successful over the last 10 years. Should be obvious who they are.

A. This team relies on a "franchise" QB to win, and if he is injured or out for some reason they can't win.

B. This team that relies on a "system" quarterback. A system that has been successful WITHOUT this QB playing.

Obviously, A. is the Colts. B is the Patriots. Most people would argue Manning has been the better QB over the last 10 years, (I don't necessarily agree) but who has more Super Bowls? Who was taken higher in the draft? Yet the Patriots have 3 Super Bowl Wins and Colts have 1.

The Patriots got their "franchise" QB in the (Edit 6th round.) My point obviously being, you don't have to tank a season to get a franchise QB, nor do you have to draft him high. Admittedly, Brady's is a 1 in a million shot in the (Edit: 6th round), but you can draft a guy in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round who could be just as successful for your TEAM.

Archived