Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Andrew Luck unimpressed by fans hoping losses lead to drafting him

Califan007

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82324230/article/stanfords-qb-unimpressed-by-fans-hoping-losses-lead-to-luck?module=HP11_headline_stack

With a number of NFL teams looking outrageously lifeless out of the gate, the "Suck for Luck" campaign is picking up steam.

It's a bizarro Super Bowl of sorts, with some fans of the league's most hapless franchises beginning to cheer for losses and misfortune to mount in hope of securing the No. 1 pick in April's draft -- presumed to be Stanford's highly touted quarterback Andrew Luck.

Luck appears unimpressed with the grassroots movement.

"I am aware of it," Luck told The New York Times. "A couple of guys told me about it. I think it's stupid. Simply put."

serious question:

Was the hype for Peyton this big?(since he's the biggest prospect since peyton etc) Technologically you would have to say no. Obviously there's twitter etc these days, but in the scope of NFL GMs and coaches, was Peyton also such a sure thing that teams would theoretically 'tank' to get him?

either way, Luck's reaction is meaningless. As long as he focuses on football which i'm sure he will.

serious question:

Was the hype for Peyton this big?(since he's the biggest prospect since peyton etc) Technologically you would have to say no. Obviously there's twitter etc these days, but in the scope of NFL GMs and coaches, was Peyton also such a sure thing that teams would theoretically 'tank' to get him?

either way, Luck's reaction is meaningless. As long as he focuses on football which i'm sure he will.

Absolutely outstanding. Good on him for it. I'd love to have him, he'd be a great fit here. Unfortunately (Fortunately?) we're already out of the running. Catch-22 indeed.

Not even half-way through the season, NO teams out of the running for him. Not least one as up and down as this.

As for Luck, pretty much what you'd expect him to say as everything these guys do and say is put under the microscope and dissected to the nth degree.

Hail.

I know my position, if the Skins were sitting at 0-4, would not be that I hope the Skins lose but rather focus on the silver lining that when they did lose they were a step closer to Luck.

But without question, and any fan who says otherwise is a liar, if the Skins were tied for the top pick going into the last week of the season and a loss would guarantee them that top pick I would certainly root for a loss in that game. It's the "take a small step back to take 20 leaps forward" philosophy.

I like Luck, a lot. Whoever gets him is one lucky franchise. I just hope it's not the Dolphins. I enjoy their misery far too much.

(Had a Phins-fan roommate during some miserable Skins years).

No doubt! My naighbor is the ****iest Dolphins fan you will ever meet, he still says there world beaters this year and have just had a tough schedule... Says his division will sweep ours and that the Skins are a joke.... In 28 years, he is the only person I have been close to punching in the face over football.

I hope we slaughter them in November!

Andrew Luck - "I am aware of it," Luck told The New York Times. "A couple of guys told me about it. I think it's stupid. Simply put."

Your not the only one Andrew. Most definately NOT the only one.

Simply put, "Suck for Luck" is a strategy for defeatists and losers who have no faith at all.

Folk are reluctant to say it for fear of having their fanhood questioned in some holier-than-thou B/S way; but I'd happily lose the next 12 straight if 3-13 would get us the top slot. This developing young team, with a QB of the calibre of an Andrew Luck to lead them and one or two other pieces would be devastating.

Hail.

I know my position, if the Skins were sitting at 0-4, would not be that I hope the Skins lose but rather focus on the silver lining that when they did lose they were a step closer to Luck.

But without question, and any fan who says otherwise is a liar, if the Skins were tied for the top pick going into the last week of the season and a loss would guarantee them that top pick I would certainly root for a loss in that game. It's the "take a small step back to take 20 leaps forward" philosophy.

Sorry, I would never root for my team to lose...EVER.

Anyone who does, I feel is sad.

Archived