Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This game falls on 1 person and it's not Rex (Deangelo Hall Rant Inside, MET)

Chase M

DeAngelo Hall. I'm so sick of this guy beign over looked and getting a so called "pass" just because he made the Pro Bowl. This guy almost cost us the Arizona game and I put half the blame on him for the Dallas loss.

He's ALWAYS playing 10-15 yards off his man, unlike Wilson who at least plays nose to nose with his man. Even when Carlos "no hands" Rogers was here they never threw to his side because he could cover.

Hall has a HUGE assignment with Jackson and we all know Vick is going to be throwing all day on us.

HALL, THIS IS YOUR TIME TO STEP UP. NOW DO IT!

If this game, or any game really, falls solely on a CB.....then we have a lot of problems as a team.

I disagree 100% with your post. It doesn't fall on Hall at all. He just needs to play his assignments.

If you haven't noticed, this is a team now. The game falls solely on the team.

Edit: I hate Hall more than most Skins fans, btw.

Sounds like you don't like DHall that much. It's a hard position to play. He win's some and he loses some. This game shouldn't be on DHall with the Iggles offensive line being bad and having to start some 2nd and possible 3rd stringers. Vick BETTER not have time to look downfield. Rak and Kerrigan should be hitting him early and often.

If this game, or any game really, falls solely on a CB.....then we have a lot of problems as a team.

I disagree 100% with your post. It doesn't fall on Hall at all. He just needs to play his assignments.

If you haven't noticed, this is a team now. The game falls solely on the team.

Edit: I hate Hall more than most Skins fans, btw.

I agree, win as a team and lose as a team, but if one person is getting blown by all day will it really be a "team loss"?

---------- Post added October-14th-2011 at 12:17 PM ----------

Sounds like you don't like DHall that much. It's a hard position to play. He win's some and he loses some. This game shouldn't be on DHall with the Iggles offensive line being bad and having to start some 2nd and possible 3rd stringers. Vick BETTER not have time to look downfield. Rak and Kerrigan should be hitting him early and often.

I love Hall the person, HATE Hall the player. The player that runs his mouth and doesn't back up his **** talk.

It's not fair to just single out Hall, the whole secondary will be busy on Sunday. However, they have a beast pass rush going up against a weak offensive live that has gotten weaker. Somebody in this secondary will have a good chance of getting a pick six Sunday..... coughjoshcoguhwilsoncough

Don't be surprised if Landry picks one himself.

Hail

I agree, win as a team and lose as a team, but if one person is getting blown by all day will it really be a "team loss"?

If we are generating ZERO pressure and then Hall is getting blown by, it will not just be on Hall. These WRs will torch majority of the CBs in the league.

This win will have to be a team win. That is the only way we will win this game. Because we have a better team than the Eagles. They just have better talent overall.

DeAngelo Hall. I'm so sick of this guy beign over looked and getting a so called "pass" just because he made the Pro Bowl. This guy almost cost us the Arizona game and I put half the blame on him for the Dallas loss.

He's ALWAYS playing 10-15 yards off his man, unlike Wilson who at least plays nose to nose with his man. Even when Carlos "no hands" Rogers was here they never threw to his side because he could cover.

Hall has a HUGE assignment with Jackson and we all know Vick is going to be throwing all day on us.

HALL, THIS IS YOUR TIME TO STEP UP. NOW DO IT!

You have to be kinding, Right? D Hall is the sole person to blame for the Dallas loss and almost costing us the Cards game. What game are you watching? You need to stop taking so many drugs. Carlos Rogers was no different than D Hall when he played here. He played 10 yards off receivers also so that isn't the problem. You just want it to be the reason because you hate him so much istead of seeing the other people who make mistakes also. One play in any game is not the sole determining factor of why this team loses or wins.

Vick will not have a lot of time to look down field. Orakpo & Kerrigan will be coming after him all game. Vick still need to account for Bowen & Cofield. There is a bonus group Landry, Fletcher, and McIntosh. It's the points we need to be concern with. If we don't get to 28+ we are in trouble.

---------- Post added October-14th-2011 at 12:30 PM ----------

what scares me is Vick going out hurt and VY coming in and torching us....

Not with those Hammies

It takes something quite special to surprise me on ES. Cheers to you for that one.

Hall is one of the furthest things we have from a problem. We've been very strong against the pass and he has a lot to do with that. Most corners in the league isolated against physical freaks like Fitzgerald and Bryant sitting on a route because a massive blitz is called would get beat as well. Both instances the blitz should have gotten there sooner and the ball should have come out faster. Hall with no help in that situation where he is supposed to think quick pass was put into a poor position.

Would have been nice for him to make an amazing play, but the blame doesn't rest with him. Blitz was called, that's what happens when the blitz doesn't work.

It takes something quite special to surprise me on ES. Cheers to you for that one.

Hall is one of the furthest things we have from a problem. We've been very strong against the pass and he has a lot to do with that. Most corners in the league isolated against physical freaks like Fitzgerald and Bryant sitting on a route because a massive blitz is called would get beat as well. Both instances the blitz should have gotten there sooner and the ball should have come out faster. Hall with no help in that situation where he is supposed to think quick pass was put into a poor position.

Would have been nice for him to make an amazing play, but the blame doesn't rest with him. Blitz was called, that's what happens when the blitz doesn't work.

Haha well glad I can surprise you :) and yes I do realize I'm beign very critical on Hall, especially since the game hasn't been played yet, but history shows it's his side that's always getting torched so I'm just venting what I'm seeing. I WOULD LOVE TO EAT MY OWN CROW. LOVE TOO.

Cheers to hopeing for a win.

I think DHall plays lights out this game, I figure he is due. We know he is hot or cold and his play last year against the Bears, the recovery of the Dallas fumble last year I think this game he is due to make some plays. My worse fear is Reed spelling Landry and he getting torched. I think this game is either live or die by the blitz. I don't see the Iggles offensive line being able to stop this defense. And if we have truly turned that corner then this team should want to totally destroy the Iggles for what they did the last time they came to FEDEX field. Also this would also be a very important game standings wise, Dallas loses, Giants lose and the Iggles and we win....Doesn't get any better than that! HTTR!!!

I couldn't agree less with the OP, this game absolutely falls on Rex.

The Skins D will stand tough against the Eagles, maybe even get some TO's and set up a short field. The combination of our very good pass rush, their very bad O line, and our improved secondary will keep Vick in check. McCoy is their real threat we need to look out for.

The Eagles are the worst in the NFL in Redzone defense. Skins rushing attack will do well, look for Eagles to stuff the box and dare Rex to beat them.

Rex must take the game as it comes to him, take what the defense gives. If he forces the ball downfield into coverage, it could be a long day for him. He must learn to check down when necessary. Eagles are good against the pass, and if he tries to force the ball to WR we will suffer for it. If Rex wisely uses TE and RB out of backfield, it will force Philly to cover Davis with a safety, then our WR will be open.

I am looking for Rex to have a good day, and a big Skins win.

All of our CBs have played immensely well this season. Look, he's not Revis. The dude is going to get beat occasionally— a CB who doesn't get beat occasionally is super human. Hall gets beat less than most corners, and he makes more plays than most corners. And he's almost always locked onto the oppositions #1.

And I never understand why people get on his ass for playing off the line of scrimmage. That's Haslett's call, not his.

Dude this post is awful

I can't post gold every time... Let's just win baby! :kickcan:

---------- Post added October-14th-2011 at 12:44 PM ----------

I couldn't agree less with the OP, this game absolutely falls on Rex.

The Skins D will stand tough against the Eagles, maybe even get some TO's and set up a short field. The combination of our very good pass rush, their very bad O line, and our improved secondary will keep Vick in check. McCoy is their real threat we need to look out for.

The Eagles are the worst in the NFL in Redzone defense. Skins rushing attack will do well, look for Eagles to stuff the box and dare Rex to beat them.

Rex must take the game as it comes to him, take what the defense gives. If he forces the ball downfield into coverage, it could be a long day for him. He must learn to check down when necessary. Eagles are good against the pass, and if he tries to force the ball to WR we will suffer for it. If Rex wisely uses TE and RB out of backfield, it will force Philly to cover Davis with a safety, then our WR will be open.

I am looking for Rex to have a good day, and a big Skins win.

Respect your opinion, Cheers mate.

How far Hall lines up off the receiver depends on the scheme. We want to do press coverage. But if the Eagles line up their receivers in a way that makes it hard to get contact, then sometimes we need to be farther away from them. If the Eagles don't line up like that, then Hall will probably be a lot closer to the line for press coverage.

Also, Hall got beat deep twice...when lining up closer to the line. So that defeats your argument.

---------- Post added October-14th-2011 at 10:45 AM ----------

The corner we most need to worry about is Nnamdi. If the Eagles go zone, then we're fine. If they allow Nnamdi to play press coverage, than that receiver is screwed. So far this season they have Nnamdi in zone, I hope this isn't the one week where they start using common sense.

Archived