Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TDB: William Shatner's Favorite Space Movies

AsburySkinsFan

These aren't numbered in any particular order, here they are, read the article for his thoughts on each one and why they were chosen.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/10/10/william-shatner-outer-space-movies-searching-for-major-tom-album-star-trek-avatar.html

taMnCjzKgd8

9gvqpFbRKtQ

iLyB0TviHT4

0uzEgsHypgM

0oYNvmNZP2o

qD1_ENMynpI

uU4TQ1NTo50

nEl0NsYn1fU

cRdxXPV9GNQ

SRoj3jK37Vc

Spaceballs surprised me.

oh, I have disagreements. I thought he picked one of his weaker Star Trek movies. Star Trek 2 would be the obvious choice and Star Trek 6 probably would've been my choice. Would've put Starship Troopers in there, too. Probably instead of Avatar. Empire Strikes Back over A New Hope as well.

shatner is shatner, i love that guy to death. i especially love that he picked the most opulent and overblown entry in the Star Trek canon as his favorite, rather than the obvious and boring Wrath of Khan choice. in fact, i'm half-surprised he didn't pick STV: The Final Frontier ... a film that is universally despised, but HE directed it.

oh, I have disagreements. I thought he picked one of his weaker Star Trek movies. Star Trek 2 would be the obvious choice and Star Trek 6 probably would've been my choice. Would've put Starship Troopers in there, too. Probably instead of Avatar. Empire Strikes Back over A New Hope as well.

He picked all 3 of the original Star Wars movies. Star Trek 2 is by far the best of the Trek movies.Yeah 6 would have even been a better choice then 1.

shatner is shatner, i love that guy to death. i especially love that he picked the most opulent and overblown entry in the Star Trek canon as his favorite, rather than the obvious and boring Wrath of Khan choice. in fact, i'm half-surprised he didn't pick STV: The Final Frontier ... a film that is universally despised, but HE directed it.

Watched some of that & Generations last night. Just terrible. Only person I know that likes either is my brother.

Serenity is missing from the list, but that's really a bit after his time. Galaxy Quest, same deal. Most of his choices are from the 70s and 80s, with Avatar being the lone modern picture to make his list. i mean the dude is 80 years old. i can cut him some slack if he slept on some hits that came out in his 70's.

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 08:14 PM ----------

Watched some of that & Generations last night. Just terrible.

why in the world would you do this? did you swallow poison and couldn't find the epicac?

Serenity is missing from the list, but that's really a bit after his time. Galaxy Quest, same deal.

I don't know how I forgot Serenity as I just caught it on TV recently. Seemed like a solid movie even if you're not familiar with Firefly. Galaxy Quest, on the other hand, I wouldn't rate as highly. fun little comedy flick, but nothing special.

Archived