Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If a man ever deserved the MoH.....

ardowling

If a man ever deserved the MoH.....

WASHINGTON -- When the roadside bomb detonated, it ripped through the fuel tank of the Bradley Fighting Vehicle and ignited like napalm. The seven men seated inside were knocked unconscious and had no chance to escape the fire.

Read the rest at the link:

http://www.military.com/news/article/recognition-sought-for-soldiers-heroic-acts.html?ESRC=army.nl

'Greater love hath no man...'

RIP Warrior:(

It's a proven fact that humans will choose any other method of death besides fire. That's why so many of our fellow citizens lept from the burning Trade Centers. To choose to run back into those flames, time and time again, is something a human being shouldn't be capable of. For Good Lord's sake, parents have lost children because house fires were too hot for them to run back in!!!!

SFC Cashe, God rest and keep you. And I give thanks and praise that He's blessed us with men such as yourself. I'm completely in awe of your heroism.

IMO, if he doesn't receive the MOH, it should never be awarded again.

It's a proven fact that humans will choose any other method of death besides fire. That's why so many of our fellow citizens lept from the burning Trade Centers. To choose to run back into those flames, time and time again, is something a human being shouldn't be capable of. For Good Lord's sake, parents have lost children because house fires were too hot for them to run back in!!!!

SFC Cashe, God rest and keep you. And I give thanks and praise that He's blessed us with men such as yourself. I'm completely in awe of your heroism.

IMO, if he doesn't receive the MOH, it should never be awarded again.

Beautifully said, Hog. I don't know all the machinations and criteria for awarding the Medal of Honor, but from my uninformed perspective, this man's acts seem to warrant the honor.

Jesus, the magnitude of bravery and love for fellow men of our troops never ceases to amaze me.

Amen, brother.

I'm a father. And I'd like to believe that I could run through fire to save my kids. I really would. I can't imagine a love greater than a father or mother has for his or her children. But in all honesty, I don't know that I'd have the strength of body or mind to know my own skin was melting, and still push forward to save them.

Frankly, as ashamed as I am, I seriously doubt I could do it. Though God forbid I ever have to try. I can't imagine the veracity of love for fellow man, and fellow soldier, it took to do this. And to think I just posted on facebook about the "bad day" I had. For shame, hog. For damned shame.

It is bestowed by the President in the name of Congress on members of the United States Armed Forces who distinguish themselves through "conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his or her life above and beyond the call of duty while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States."

If this guy isn't an Medal of Honor recipient, no one is.

Archived