Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Houston Texans hurting for WRs and we got 7!

sjinhan

Agreed on that, but would Stallworth fill that gap? If they do make a move, I have to believe it would be for a difference maker, and I just don't see one on our roster that we would be willing to trade away. Don't get me wrong, though, if we did trade Donte (and actually got something significant in return) I would be ecstatic.

I don't see any of our receivers fetching a draft pick from the likes of the Texans. If they are that desperate, I don't see why they wouldn't just bring in TO or Moss.

Tk hinted at Terrence Austin being traded to them after final cuts. Hmm.... interesting that Austin was well showcased in preseason and no live action during the season. I for one really, reeeeaaally like Austin. So I hope we keep him. Just something about growing our own talent.

I was just going to post that when I saw the thread.

Yup, we apparently tried Houston as a trade partner when the final roster cut's where made and everything was set seeing if anything was doing with Austin. (I had an interesting debate with the boss man over Austin's worth as I really like him as part of our future, but he had the highest trade value at the time.). As he's still here, I presume nothing happened so I'd guess the Texan idea is a non-starter.

Hail.

Jacoby Jones is on FIRE!!! That is unheard of production! Find a way to get this guy!

meant to say 0... by bad..

---------- Post added October-5th-2011 at 11:17 AM ----------

I don't see any of our receivers fetching a draft pick from the likes of the Texans. If they are that desperate, I don't see why they wouldn't just bring in TO or Moss.

dont worry... there are sports radio chatter about this already...

well i guess maybe my scenario made more sense in my mind than anyone elses...

WHy give them anything? Just due to us running the same offense and the Shanahan's and Kubiak are friends? You think that we are going to give up a WR for a 6th rounder? If they want a WR from us bad enough they might be willing to over pay for one. Don't let them hire you as Gm because we already had one Vinny Cerrato that damaged this team. We don't need another one.

As much sense as that makes, I think the Texans are just going to ride out the next few weeks without Johnson. They have Arian Foster back, and that in and of itself will keep defenses from dropping 7 into coverage.

I agree. Aside from Foster and Ben Tate. Owen Daniels and James Kasey are huge in the pass game. Jacoby Jones is a talented receiver and Walter and Johnson aren't complete duds.

Stallworth would contribute enough over the next few weeks for them to even take a look.

That being said I would take anything for Stallworth because he has no long term future here.

I don't think we can get much but we might be able to get maybe a 6th round pick out of Texans if we offered up Stallworth on a trade. Stallworth learned the system during preseason and he is a vet.

I was driving home today and this thing just made too much sense...

I agree that a 6th or 7th is possible for Stallworth and I'd very much consider it. Not sure how Madden comments make it out for a thread like this. Sure Stallworth isn't a world beater, but how many 6th rounders are (keep your Brady comments to yourself, I know there are examples...).

With AA currently injured, I'm wondering how open they really are to making a trade. Moss, Gaffney are the starters. Paul and Austin have been ST almost exclusively (or run blockers) and Hankerson hasn't been active. It doesn't seem like the staff has a lot of confidence in the younger guys to step up yet.

I do think Stallworth is blocking some of these guys, but Shanny likes players to force their way onto the field through competition. I think he's more than happy to let these guys fight it out each week.

WHy give them anything? Just due to us running the same offense and the Shanahan's and Kubiak are friends? You think that we are going to give up a WR for a 6th rounder? If they want a WR from us bad enough they might be willing to over pay for one. Don't let them hire you as Gm because we already had one Vinny Cerrato that damaged this team. We don't need another one.

Texans would be paying a premium if they are giving us a 6th rounder for Stallworth.

I dont understand how my suggestion is getting me compared to the likes of Vinny Cerrato.

Your comments really boggles my mind.

Have you seen their production?

Again this is not fantasy football, they're not going to trade a player like Austin when they have a guy like jacoby jones and Kevin Walter. Don't make Austin out to be the next Andre.

Jacoby Jones is a solid WR, the reason he hasn't seen the field a lot is he stinks in the running game. He can't block, but he's going to get his shot for the next three weeks to prove he's a good WR.

Again this is not fantasy football, they're not going to trade a player like Austin when they have a guy like jacoby jones and Kevin Walter. Don't make Austin out to be the next Andre.

Jacoby Jones is a solid WR, the reason he hasn't seen the field a lot is he stinks in the running game. He can't block, but he's going to get his shot for the next three weeks to prove he's a good WR.

i am not sure if you have actually been watching Texans games this year...

Basically Jacoby Jones got the legs but doesn't have the hands... Walter got the hands but after the injury plagued past 2-3 years no longer has the legs to get open... You keep mentioning Austin when I was proposing Stallworth for a trade.

Anyways you can just disagree with me thats fine but your comments seem to make my proposition as out in the left field as the other 2 trade threads going on right now (Bradford, Manning) and that i am not cool with.

Again I would like to know if you have seen some of their games this year. Next 3 weeks their top 3 targets will be Owen Daniels (TE), Casey (Backup TE) and Foster (RB). Their lack of depth at the WR position is going to get exposed big time.

I was driving home today and this thing just made too much sense...
Actually makes no sense at all. Why go through all of that for a 6th round pick!

Stallworth is a WR that some believe would have had a HOF career if he could have avoided injuries and off-field issues. I think he is a guy that should get more opportunities in the redskins offense because he makes good cuts and catches with his hands. I'm a little surprised at how underutilized he has been.

Archived