Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do fans expectations change as soon as the season starts?

21MadFan

All I heard this off season and preseason is that this team is rebuilding after 10 years of Vinny. Now that the season starts everyone whats to complain when we are 3-1? I don't under stand it. Sure the offense has not been up to par but what do you expect with Rexy as our QB? Now our defense is a different story, they have been top 5 and gives our team a chance to win each week. I really don't know what our fans want any more.

Well...the other side of it is that sometimes we are wrong in our initial predictions. Without seeing the team play meaningful games, we don't know what to expect in august.

I predicted 7-9, but would admittedly be disappointed if we finished with that record now. I wouldn't be upset long term...just for this year. I love the direction overall regardless of this years record.

People have been so used to losing that when we win, they hold them on ridiculous expectations. I'm a suspect for it at times as well.

I don't think the expectations are ridiculous.

I think most of the criticism stems from the mindset that these mistakes, which are now happening on a week to week basis for Grossman and the offense, are going to come to a head when we get into the dog days of the season. We won't win a game against the Patriots making the kinds of mistakes that we did today. It just won't happen.

Now, hopefully the Redskins will use this bye week to take a step back, evaluate what went right and what didn't, and come back against Philly as a smarter football team. I'm happy for the win, but I'm also ready for some more offensive improvement.

I said before the Season began we are a 8-8 with some luck a 9-7 team. I stand by that. We played like a 8-8 team today. A good team would of beat the Rams 28-0. The Rams did everything possible to lose that game today and we scrape by. We will be better next year with more talent and experience in the system.

I said before the Season began we are a 8-8 with some luck a 9-7 team. I stand by that. We played like a 8-8 team today. A good team would of beat the Rams 28-0. The Rams did everything possible to lose that game today and we scrape by

Exactly. I love winning, but it's hard to be ECSTATIC over a win like that. Rex did everything in his power to try and give that game away.

I don't think the expectations are ridiculous.

I think most of the criticism stems from the mindset that these mistakes, which are now happening on a week to week basis for Grossman and the offense, are going to come to a head when we get into the dog days of the season. We won't win a game against the Patriots making the kinds of mistakes that we did today. It just won't happen.

Now, hopefully the Redskins will use this bye week to take a step back, evaluate what went right and what didn't, and come back against Philly as a smarter football team. I'm happy for the win, but I'm also ready for some more offensive improvement.

I would definitely agree on your point as well because its where I am. We can't go up against half these teams, give up opportunities like that and expect the same winning result. There are the extremists that go my route but the sound judgements are worried because of your comment.

Lots of new parts this year and at cheap prices for a change. Take away a few bad Rex throws and a few bad plays on D and ST, and they're doing quite well given all of the changes in the offseason. QBs commit lots of turnovers as I showed on another thread. But they can also keep the defense off the field by moving the chains as Rex did a lot of in the first three games.

I'm trying to figure out which is worse: drivers in rush hour or sports message board posters after a loss.

when you see winning as obtainable, you get frustrated when mistakes keep you from the goal. especially mistakes that should not be there in the first place. sure, we might over acheive, but over over acheiving is possible.

if i had mentally preparred for 2-14 and we got blown out 14 times - ok. but if we went 8-8 and we easily could have been 10-6 or 11-5 - that stings

Archived