Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Montgomery vs Casey Rabach

armada58

I am of the opinion that this was the best game so far this year by our O-Line. Nowhere was that more evident that at Center. In years past, Jay Ratliff used to OWN Casey Rabach. Ratliff would blow everything up if we even attempted to run up the middle. Not only that, he was a beast on passing downs when he'd destroy Rabach and collapse to pocket. Well, yesterday I don't remember him influencing the game at all. That's not to say he didn't make a tackle or 2, but he did not affect our O-Line anywhere remotely close to what he used to. Grossman had time to step up and he was rarely flushed out of the pocket.

All other issues aside, hats off to Montgomery for displaying that he is a clear upgrade at Center from the turnstyle we've had there the last couple years.

.......onto the Rams. TIme to move on.

I am of the opinion that this was the best game so far this year by our O-Line. Nowhere was that more evident that at Center. In years past, Jay Ratliff used to OWN Casey Rabach. Ratliff would blow everything up if we even attempted to run up the middle. Not only that, he was a beast on passing downs when he'd destroy Rabach and collapse to pocket. Well, yesterday I don't remember him influencing the game at all. That's not to say he didn't make a tackle or 2, but he did not affect our O-Line anywhere remotely close to what he used to. Grossman had time to step up and he was rarely flushed out of the pocket.

All other issues aside, hats off to Montgomery for displaying that he is a clear upgrade at Center from the turnstyle we've had there the last couple years.

.......onto the Rams. TIme to move on.

I thought our o-line played pretty well last night. The game was simply a defensive battle, both D's were playing tough all game, and when that happens something is eventually gonna give (as it did). There were plenty of positives to take from it, and we move on to next week.

Our O-line as a whole played really well last night, especially in the middle and containing any inside push by Ratliff. The outside did pretty well, save for a couple of spin moves Ware unleashed on T-Will and Brown getting burned a couple of times.

O-line is "square one" of an elite offense, and although we certainly aren't elite, I think we are moving in the right direction.

Trent Williams and Montgomery played great. It seemed like the right side of the line was the culprit for a lot of the pressures.

Overall I thought the whole line played well considering the D we were facing. But, you hit on a good point (and one that is partially responsible for me wanting to stay the course when it comes to acquiring players)...we still need to add talent to this roster, especially on the lines.

Brown had a bad game, but I don't fault him for the Spencer game-ending sack. The problem on Spencer's sack was the push up the middle, which I'm going to assume came from Ratliff against Montgomery. Spencer's initial jump was so far wide around the edge that Brown didn't have to do much to keep him out of the pocket. Problem was, Grossman had pressure up the middle so he had to get out of the pocket. At that point, Spencer became a problem because he was able to come all the way around the pocket.

We shouldn't be blaming Brown for a sack by an OLB who chased our QB all the way down from the other side of the field. That sack was caused primarily by pressure up the middle, causing Grossman to roll out of the pocket.

Brown had a pretty awful game, though. And I'd also say that Montgomery overall seemed rather good. But that play was not on Brown.

Most of Ware's jumps were close but I don't think there was a good basis for throwing the flag on any of them. We really needed to vary our snap count some more and give the occasional hard count.

Yeah, I don't know if our snap counts were that easily read or what, but I slowed a couple of those down on the DVR and he wasn't offsides, he was just gettting off that quick. One time I though he jumped, but I'm not sure he had crossed the line by the snap.

Our O-line as a whole played really well last night, especially in the middle and containing any inside push by Ratliff. The outside did pretty well, save for a couple of spin moves Ware unleashed on T-Will and Brown getting burned a couple of times.

O-line is "square one" of an elite offense, and although we certainly aren't elite, I think we are moving in the right direction.

Welcome to ES!

I agree that the O Line looked pretty good last night compared to last season... But I still think they have a ways to go.

The o-line played well enough. Trent was the star on the line last night with his play against Ware.

For me the single biggest reason we lost was the too many field goals, not enough touchdowns. Red Zone performance.

Kyle and Mike need to figure out what is going wrong with this team's offense after they cross the 20 if the offense is going to continue to improve. I think before the season is over, they will sort it out.

They were offsides multiple times. Terrible officiating, but we got away with a couple things too.

Go back and watch it again. I thought the same until I did. Ware consistently timed the snap and wasn't offside. A veteran QB like Grossman should have changed the cadence and we would have limited his rush and gotten a few 5 YD penalties.

The OL was good (particularly TWill) in pass pro. Brown gave up all 3 sacks but the immobile Rex should have gotten rid of the ball on at least 2 of them. The interior was terrible in run blocking and because of this we threw 37x to only 22 runs. I'd give them a C for the day.

Oh and of course Monty is an upgrade over Rabach. My grandmother, yada yada

Archived