Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star Telegram - Scouting the Redskins: Washington secondary scrambles to fill holes

Dub70s

all this says is once we get moore and phillip back our secondary looks sick

They both should be back in week 6. We will have more depth then for the rest of the season.

Forget the Redskins secondary. I'm GLAD Newman is coming back Monday night. He's awful.

Funny thing is he will be their BEST one back there. Scary huh? Or WRs will pick them apart,

I know it's cliche at this point to post a "I love the new attitude" post, but here goes

"Obviously not very good to score 22 points the way we move the football and being down in that red zone seven different times and only come away with two touchdowns," Shanahan said. "That will be an area of emphasis this next week."

I remember the days of Jason Campbell where if we scored 22 points, we were all generally happy with the way our offense was producing. It's nice to see that the coaches are setting higher standards, and it's obviously rubbing off on the players.

Hail.

Really hope Wilson is okay, he's so solid. I was saying all offseason that we could use another CB but with Hall, Wilson, and Buchanon that's three solid corners, albeit Buchanon is gone until Week 5 (did they ever disclose why he was suspended?). I'm just not sold on Barnes and Westbrook as being good enough insurance.

I feel pretty good about our secondary, especially since we're getting consistent pressure on the QB thanks to the well-orchestrated efforts of our darn good (and still improving) front seven. Ok, so when Moore and Buchanon are ready to come back, do we really want them? I'm not sure that I'd be willing to demote Thompson or Gomes to the practice squad. I'm thinking they might be picked up by teams with depleted secondaries (the Giants, for example). Moore has never lived up to expectations, and I think Barnes is turning into a much more impactful player than Buchanon.

Archived