Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star Telegram - Scouting the Redskins: Washington secondary scrambles to fill holes

Dub70s

By Carlos Mendez

Posted Tuesday, Sep. 20, 2011

The Washington Redskins might be mixing and matching in the secondary when they play the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night.

They are already down safety Kareem Moore, who began the season on the physically unable to perform list. Cornerback Phillip Buchanon is serving a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's banned substance policy.

Last week, they again played without strong safety LaRon Landry, who missed the season opener and all of the preseason with a strained right hamstring. He also missed the last seven games last year with an Achilles' injury.

Right cornerback Josh Wilson left Sunday's game with a back injury, backup free safety DeJon Gomes suffered a hamstring injury, and backup cornerback Kevin Barnes left the game with cramps.

It's probably a long shot for Landry, the Redskins' No. 1 pick in 2007, to play Monday night. Gomes could be a question all week. Coach Mike Shanahan said Sunday that Wilson's injury wasn't too bad.

Oshiomogho Atogwe and Reed Doughty have been starting at safety. DeAngelo Hall is the starting left corner, and Byron Westbrook is the backup right corner.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/09/20/3383782/scouting-the-redskins-washington.html#ixzz1Ybp0sQUv

Dallas reporter Carlos Mendez is a :loser: and I hope the Covergirls front office believes this piece of journalistic crappery.

:dallasuck

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

Why'd he put Kareem Moore like he's some big shot? lol

And the Landry part..:ols::ols::ols::ols:

I keep saying sports journalism is dying every day

---------- Post added September-21st-2011 at 02:59 PM ----------

In the words of the Emperor... "I'm afraid LaRon Landry will be quite operational when your team arrives"

:saber:

...Isn't Barnes our nickel/back-up corner? Not Westbrook?

One thing I'll always say about our local media is that guys like John Keim and Rich Campbell always, you know, at least give the opposing team a courtesy search on Google before they right an article about them.

Archived