Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Players Feel Different About This Team and The Fans Damn Well Better Do The Same.

KingGibbs

Are we THAT starved for a good Redskins team that we are ready to throw all common sense out the window and engage in this kind of overboard homerism? Has it been THAT long since we were good that ONE good win and a bunch of great-sounding quotes are enough to have us dusting off Kornheiser's bandwagon?

I WANT it to be true as much as you do, but enough already. Half the fans in the league are feeling as good about their 1-0 teams as we are. Many of those teams are in for a crappy season, and just don't know it yet.

I understand your point. But i would say that common sense would suggest that we have changed.

-no more overspending for washed up vets who are only looking for their last payday.

-addressing immediate areas of need with 12 draft choices.

-no longer allowing the players to run the asylum. There is ONE captain that steers the ship and thats the Head Coach.

-Snyder is no longer involved in the personel decisions. Thus its no longer run like "Madden Franchise Mode" on PS3.

***I'm still not expecting for them to make the play offs this year. I still have them going 8-8. But I think its clear that the direction of the franchise is going in the right direction, and (speaking for myself) i'm happy about that.

It's been one week.

You people are going insane.

I want you to go back and read what I posyed in the OP. Let it soak in. You will hopefully understand the gist of this thread. Basically, we are saying that this team will leave it all on the field every Sunday. Win or lose.

No one is predicitng the amount of wins, playoffs or Super Bowl. If you can't understand that? Then I'm afraid you can't be helped.

Crazy Levi makes me look like an optimist. :ols:

I've seen it happen a million times and so has everyone else here.

Forgive me for taking more of a "wait and see" approach. Like I said, idiots on half the NFL's newsgroups are making similar posts about how awesome their teams are. Many of these teams will finish with a losing record.

Fortunately, I'll be at the game next week so I can drunkenly see for myself. Can't wait!!!

It's been one week.

You people are going insane.

Eh, I see what you're doing here. I think you're just afraid to buy in and then have it collapse around you and you're checked back in to the heart break hotel. Can't blame ya. But I don't think you can get mad at people for saying: This team is headed in the right direction and the players are buying in. That's really all that's being said here.

I understand your point. But i would say that common sense would suggest that we have changed.

-no more overspending for washed up vets who are only looking for their last payday.

-addressing immediate areas of need with 12 draft choices.

-no longer allowing the players to run the asylum. There is ONE captain that steers the ship and thats the Head Coach.

-Snyder is no longer involved in the personel decisions. Thus its no longer run like "Madden Franchise Mode" on PS3.

***I'm still not expecting for them to make the play offs this year. I still have them going 8-8. But I think its clear that the direction of the franchise is going in the right direction, and (speaking for myself) i'm happy about that.

These are all awesome things, and I agree with what you are saying. Things are changing and it looks like we might be on our way.

Why can't we leave it at that? Read this entire ridiculous thread and tell me 75% of the people here aren't thinking paloffs. You'll be lying.

Eh, I see what you're doing here. I think you're just afraid to buy in and then have it collapse around you and you're checked back in to the heart break hotel. Can't blame ya. But I don't think you can get mad at people for saying: This team is headed in the right direction and the players are buying in. That's really all that's being said here.

Right...you can acknowledge that your team is being run in a way you agree with, being built the right way, headed in the right direction, and has a BETTER opportunity to win games without declaring that you're going to win the next 5 Super Bowls. Many people on this board have commended the direction of the Lions for two years...but very few of those people predicted the Lions would even make the playoffs. Teams like the Eagles, Steelers, Patriots, Falcons, etc. all do things the right way, but it doesn't mean that they will win it all every single year. It's two completely different things...the means and the end.

These are all awesome things, and I agree with what you are saying. Things are changing and it looks like we might be on our way.

Why can't we leave it at that? Read this entire ridiculous thread and tell me 75% of the people here aren't thinking paloffs. You'll be lying.

I just looked back on all the post on this thread, I have not seen any post that indicate paloffs.

In fact I have saw only cautious optimism, and people that are too scared to believe that their beloved Redskins may actually be a good watch this year..:)

I am actually considering getting some tickets. If they play hard, win or lose isn't that important to me. This team looks like a real TEAM. Reminds me of the mid 80's Skins.

On an unrelated note, if you put down a deposit for tickets, it is only good for that year and is non-refundable. (Bye Bye $300.00 from 2 years ago. During the recession, they furloughed us and I had to cancel my purchase.)

Archived