Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Y! Sports Article: Grossman No Longer League Wide Punching Bag

SkinsNoles21

There is no reason to believe in Rex Grossman(notes). He barely stands taller than the equipment men. His throws don’t have that crisp crackle that top quarterbacks can always make. And when he stands in the locker room and pulls off his shoulder pads, he reveals a doughy, almost shoulder-less frame that makes you ask: “THIS is the quarterback?”

Certainly the NFL doesn’t think much of him given the way he’s been kicked around like some football vagabond, lingering on rosters presumably because he knows things and knowledge is always good to have in a meeting room. Maybe it would have been easier for the Washington Redskins to write him off if it wasn’t for this lone intangible that is non-measurable in any other way but to a coach who has seen a player fall and step back up.

Click here to read the rest.

All I have to say is ... Sleep on him if you want to! I know what I saw ... and I know what I see in this Redskins team. We are coming to play week in and week out. See you next week AZ.

It is pretty funny seeing the Giants fans think the sky is falling, because they were beaten by "lowly" Rex Grossman. Admittedly, I wasn't exactly thrilled when we signed him, but it's become clear that the reality of Rex is a far more competent QB than the legend.

You can tell that he feels as though he has the weight of the world on his shoulders. All of the interviews that I saw were very awkward, talking about all of the "haters" and such. He just needs to let all that go and just sling it, like he did today.

The "Prove the world wrong" mentality, IMO, is the wrong kind of mentality to have at the QB position, because it can lead to bad decision making.

With that being said, it was just one game, and that's not enough to silence the critics, not yet.

Archived