Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FIRST redskins game/tailgating experience! TIPS NEEDED PLEASE FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOWS THE ROPES!!!

BrookiePooh419

Ok, so my bestfriend and I are coming from north Carolina for our first redskins game this Sunday! Were excited, but we want to have the most amazing experience ever, but know very little! I've read a lot of post, but some of my questions haven't been answered, so hopefully some of you can help!

1. It's just the two of us so we'd like to tailgate and meet fellow redskins fans! Should we get a parking pass instead of taking the metro since were planning on bringing alcohol andfood to share???? And do people tailgate in all lots or just the one green lot??

2. For anyone coming from out of town, where is a good hotel to stay?

That's about it, I hope this post is in the right spot I am new to the thread but I'd really like to know more before we come up and possibly meet up with people who are gonna be having a good time like we want to!! Thanks and GO SKINS!!

Get a green parking pass. Come EARLY or you will be miserable. Aim to arrive at 11am. Don't do the metro it will be no fun and you can't set up a tailgate.

That's what I was thinking too about the pass....I found one online for $54, I noticed there are a few green lots, does it get you into all of them so you can choose which you want to go to?

Definitely hook up ith Pez and Huly's ES tailgate.

Best party at the game, bar none. Good people, good times, and Pez's wings cant be beat.

Have a good time!

~Bang

^^ as far as the tailgate portion of your questions, you have all the information you need right in these 2 posts ^^

Bit of advice from a fellow NC Skins' fan who comes up from the Carolinas........ Take Highway 301 at Ruther Glen (exit 104) off I-95 just north of Richmond. Runs parallel to I-95 and you don't have to worry about traffic jams once you get to 495 (Capital Beltway) It's a nice drive with four lanes about the whole way..... You just stay on 301N and go through Port Royal, cross over the Potomac River Bridge into Maryland, La Plata, and Waldorf. We normally stay in Waldorf at the Hampton Inn or the new Hilton Gardens... From there, it's about a 40-45 minute drive to Fedex Field.

That's what I was thinking too about the pass....I found one online for $54, I noticed there are a few green lots, does it get you into all of them so you can choose which you want to go to?

First off, welcome. :)

Secondly, you want a green lot pass NOT the B3 Green Lot pass. They are different. B3 will put you on the opposite side of the stadium from the ES Tailgate.

If it looks like this one then you do not want it.

Bit of advice from a fellow NC Skins' fan who comes up from the Carolinas........ Take Highway 301 at Ruther Glen (exit 104) off I-95 just north of Richmond. Runs parallel to I-95 and you don't have to worry about traffic jams once you get to 495 (Capital Beltway) It's a nice drive with four lanes about the whole way..... You just stay on 301N and go through Port Royal, cross over the Potomac River Bridge into Maryland, La Plata, and Waldorf. We normally stay in Waldorf at the Hampton Inn or the new Hilton Gardens... From there, it's about a 40-45 minute drive to Fedex Field.

When you get off I95 at exit 104, it is RT 207 which "magically" morphs into Rt 301 about 10-15 miles after you get off of I95. The bridge over the Potomac River is ironically called the Nice Bridge, but not many people consider it that as it is 2 lanes and pretty high (if you have a phobia of driving over bridges, let the other person drive). For the record, it is called the Harry Nice Bridge.

This route spares you the headache of the infamous DC Beltway. Many people from Richmond VA will also attest to this route.

~Bang

I'll second that, Pez and Huly are the greatest.

LOL... thanks for the kind words guys, but remember that it is Extremeskins' Tailgate....

Everyone puts in to make it a great event (particularly our core members) :)

If it weren't for this board, Huly and I would probably be sitting by ourselves in the middle of the lot somewhere before games with a dinky little grill cooking up a couple hot dogs and a bag of chips. Off course if you are close to the stadium, that is all you need to be the Harris Teeter Tailgater of the game... lol

But again... the tailgate belongs to this board....

Random question - Can you tailgate in the purple lots?

CK gave a fine response, but allow me to expound. You can tailgate but you can't take two spaces as you can in other lots early. If your parking pass says No Tailgating this year as they have in previous years, it just means you can't take two spaces. You can tailgate as long as you do it within one space.

I'll second that, Pez and Huly are the greatest.

Or the craziest for letting me stay with them & all off season asking me when I'm coming back up. :ols:

Though due to auto correct, I may have to start calling them Pea & July.:ols:

Best party at the game, bar none. Good people, good times, and Pez's wings cant be beat.

Have a good time!

~Bang

This

Pez and Huly are doing Tailgating tips on www.sonofwashington.com and we just put the first one up today. This is really not a promo post just coincidence that it could be of some help!

Archived