Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSN/Fox Sports: Report: Barber 'devastated' by shun

SkinFaninOKC

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tiki-barber-devastated-to-not-get-shot-090511?ocid=ansfox11

This guy is SO full of himself, he left his wife for a younger woman WHILE she was pregnant and thinks he can make a squad??

Oh Fumbleman.:ols::ols::ols::ols:

Not sure what his philandering has to do with making as team but he is pretty full of himself regardless.

"We are flabbergasted that Tiki has not had an opportunity with any team, especially when rosters were at 90 players this year,"

Maybe that's because he's a 36 year old RB that's been out of the game for 4 years. I know agents have to say the things their egotistical client are thinking but this still takes the cake.

For the record, I hope the mother of his children gets every last penny.

Unless I'm mistaken, the new CBA has a rule where if a player is on the roster for week 1, their entire salary become guaranteed. If they are signed after week 1, they can be cut and only the game checks paid to the player are owed. If that is true, then it is likely that some of these older FA may get a look after week 1. Especially if you see any RBs get injured during week 1.

Unless I'm mistaken, the new CBA has a rule where if a player is on the roster for week 1, their entire salary become guaranteed. If they are signed after week 1, they can be cut and only the game checks paid to the player are owed. If that is true, then it is likely that some of these older FA may get a look after week 1. Especially if you see any RBs get injured during week 1.
I never heard about that new rule. I'm not questioning your knowledge, I'm just surprised to hear that the owners would agree to that. Very interesting.

---------- Post added September-7th-2011 at 11:18 AM ----------

He sure is well-spoken. Maybe he can get a job with NBC. Oh wait. . .

He is very well spoken. If he wasn't so head-strong and egotistical, I would think that he would make a great sports analyst on either the radio or television. It is unfortunate how some people throw away their talents and abilities.

He is very well spoken. If he wasn't so head-strong and egotistical, I would think that he would make a great sports analyst on either the radio or television. It is unfortunate how some people throw away their talents and abilities.

I disagree. I think he has a lisp and that he rehearses big words to use to impress people. I think it is all a facade.

Not sure what his philandering has to do with making as team but he is pretty full of himself regardless.

"We are flabbergasted that Tiki has not had an opportunity with any team, especially when rosters were at 90 players this year,"

Maybe that's because he's a 36 year old RB that's been out of the game for 4 years. I know agents have to say the things their egotistical client are thinking but this still takes the cake.

For the record, I hope the mother of his children gets every last penny.

Loudly criticizing NYG for what was going on while he was there did not help his cause at all. He burned a lot of bridges, and made himself look like a locker room cancer.

I never heard about that new rule. I'm not questioning your knowledge, I'm just surprised to hear that the owners would agree to that. Very interesting..

Apparently I was mistaken, its not part of the new CBA, its an older rule that is still in effect. Here is an article from '08 discussing it:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/750/system-favors-older-players-after-week-1

Sometimes you'll see teams steer clear of older, higher-priced veterans early in the season. This is because veterans' salaries become guaranteed if the veteran opens the regular season on the roster. Teams can sign or re-sign these veterans after Week 1, at which point the salaries are not guaranteed.

So, if Veteran Player A is set to earn $1.7 million in base salary this season, the team could protect itself by signing him after Week 1. Such a move turns $1.7 million in guaranteed money into a deal worth $100,000 for each of the 17 weeks that player is on the roster. Just something to consider when you think about why teams behave the way they do.

The funny thing is that their running game didn't take a hit when he left, and they won the SB one year later.

http://vodpod.com/watch/958441-tiki-barber-drops-c-bomb-on-msnbc

Perhaps NSFW language, no one is sure whether Tiki called Jenna Wolfe what it sounds like he called her for sure. You be the judge. Just love watching him get punked about not having a superbowl ring.

The funny thing is that their running game didn't take a hit when he left, and they won the SB one year later.

That had to hurt his HOF chances (anyone remember Peter King calling him a first-ballot? :ols::ols::ols: ) No playoff wins with him, SB without him. Poor leader. Burned bridges with his team and a well-respected coach, and turned himself from stand-up guy with lots of media friends to pariah. And he was borderline at best to start with, imo.

Archived