Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Park: Quotes - Mike Shanahan

Mark The Homer

I don't know how they could even think of cutting Terrance Austin at this point. The guy has been a straight up baller. It's nice to have issues of having too many "good' WRs.

HTTR

There's no way they can cut Austin at this point, at least imo. He's got a great effort, and it has showed this preseason. Is it possible they can be grooming him to be like Moss once Moss retires?

I don't know how they could even think of cutting Terrance Austin at this point. The guy has been a straight up baller. It's nice to have issues of having too many "good' WRs.

HTTR

Austin is a lock for the 53 and I would say the active roster as the 4th receiver. Hankerson could spend a lot of time inactive if there are no injuries at receiver.

I thought Austin was a lock to make the 53 before the Ravens game, and saw nothing to change my opinion.

I think his production/role on the team may depend on Beck winning the starting job though. For whatever reason, Beck seems more comfortable throwing to Austin and Armstrong, while Rex has a good chemistry with Moss. Just an observation.

Frankly, Linebacker (especially inside linebacker) is an area of interest to me.

I see Fletcher as a lock for sure, and suspect that Riley gets kept. Probably Fox gets in on special teams. If they only keep 4 at the ILB spot, then the big issue is whether Rocky McIntosh (with his one-year contract) is kept over Thaddeus Gibson.

If they liked Gibson's potential, they're going to have to keep him on the roster. Because I strongly suspect that Gibson wouldn't make it to our practice squad -- after all, both Pittsburgh and Chicago put in bids on him along with Washington.

Thoughts?

Frankly, Linebacker (especially inside linebacker) is an area of interest to me.

I see Fletcher as a lock for sure, and suspect that Riley gets kept. Probably Fox gets in on special teams. If they only keep 4 at the ILB spot, then the big issue is whether Rocky McIntosh (with his one-year contract) is kept over Thaddeus Gibson.

If they liked Gibson's potential, they're going to have to keep him on the roster. Because I strongly suspect that Gibson wouldn't make it to our practice squad -- after all, both Pittsburgh and Chicago put in bids on him along with Washington.

Thoughts?

Gibson is an outside linebacker and probably headed to the practice squad if he clears waivers. Orakpo, Kerrigan and Alexander are locks and then you have Wilson, Gibson and White for likely one additional spot.

Rocky, Fletch, Fox and Riley are our 4 inside backers IMO.

Archived