Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SFGate: Frustrated Frank Gore Could Request Trade

Boss_Hogg

A) That would be absolutely idiotic if they didn't extend him

B) They could get at least a third for him, if not a second. He's a top 5 RB

Top 5 RB for how long though?

He's 28 years old, has almost 1,400 career carries, with a lot of them coming with tough yards in that San Fran offense. And somewhat of an injury history.

With his absurd physical talent, if he hadn't busted up his knees in college and then had to play on such awful 49ers teams for his first couple of years in the league, who knows how insane his career could have been up to this point.

B) They could get at least a third for him, if not a second. He's a top 5 RB

You think there'd be many takers higher than a third for him? Off hand, I can think of 5 straight off the bat who excite me more and who I'd put above Gore: Jamaal Charles; Arain Foster; Chris Johnson; Maurice Jones-Drew and AP.

He's not a bad back by any means, but I wouldn't put him in the top echelon.

Hail.

Running backs just don't have a long life in the current NFL. Late 20's is about the end for them. Injuries start mounting up, and the yards are harder to come by. Gore's career will be over in another few years, why would the 49'ers want to extend him? Instead they can go out and grab someone in the mid rounds of the draft who can get 800+ yards. Throw them into a running back by committee and you're about where the rest of the NFL is.

I'd send him packing.

Then again I'd have sent Fitzgerald packing as well

And Chris Johnson could hit the bricks before I'd pay him what he wants as well

In this game of "cap management" spending huge dollars on veterans like these guys is a losing proposition

Unless your the QB.

RB's are right now...will Gore be top 5 in 2-3 years? I doubt it

Will CJ be top 5 in 2-3 years? I doubt it

Will Fitz be top 5 in 2-3 years? I don't think he is now and again I doubt it

So why pay these men like that?

I'd low ball his ass, trade him, and use that pick on a younger RB personally

I agree on Fitzgerald addicted, but for differing reasons.

As good as he is, I don't think the Cardinals are in any sort of position to put all that into one guy. They'd of been better served with a big trade and sorting out other areas IMHO. But meh, that's their bag. As to the salary's these guys are on, I agree, it's totally obscene. When you take into acount the pittance people like nurses and firemen that do deserve it get, it's nothing short of obscene and an utter disgrace. But the other side of that, with it being what it is; at least with someone like Fitzgerald or Chris Johnson who produce season in, season out you can live with them getting the mega bucks than someone who doesn't.

Hail.

Over the past handful of season the 49ers have broken Gore down the way the 'Skins broke Portis down during Gibbs 2.0, because Gore was 90% of the 49ers offense. Dude can't play a full season anymore.

We are much better off with Hightower & Helu, and then Torain when he is healthy.

Archived