Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HAIL to Helu!

joeknows

ok... so who am i spposed to be noticing in that pic? since cp was mentioned i was thinkin maybe thats whose number i was supposed ti notice.... but lookin at the roster thats josh wilson... a DB.....

---------- Post added August-20th-2011 at 12:31 PM ----------

now i watch the vids and see 26 is in fact Helu... duh... but the roster at nfl.com has 26 listed as Josh Wilson???

http://www.nfl.com/players/search?category=team&playerType=current&d-447263-p=2&filter=5110

Once the cuts start Helu will change.

Unless you've heard or seen something to the contrary, I think Wilson might change. Shanahan said Helu reminded him of Portis when he drafted him (he also said Royster reminded him of Terrell Davis). Wilson was 26 in Seattle, but 37 in Bmore.

first off i would like to say .... hey guys we just beat another traditionally good and fairly deep team! whodathunk? and yet some of yall are goin after each other in these threads with some pretty serious venom. chill and feel some love. we are lookin pretty damned good so far so lets enjoy it and stop all the in fighting...

that being said.... HAIL to Helu!!

14 carries for 101 yds and a 7.2 avg in his first professional game. i didnt get to see the game but from what i see from the few highlights he looked pretty good. those of you that got to see the game... how did he look to yall?

i have concerns about hightower .... he <in my opinion> doesnt hit the holes low enough. he is way to upright when going through the line and that leads to tackles, turnovers and injury... while he looked good last week...... i didnt like a few times when he hit the holes he wasnt too sure of his feet.... < probably from too high center of gravity> the dt's were able to twist him a bit even if he got through...

anyway... heres to a great debut performance..... HAIL to Helu!

Helu did look very good last night and he is a definite change to amything that we have had in the recent past. And lets not forget to give credit where credit is due, M.Shanahan is steadily bringing in RB's and giving us the problem of which very good back to choose to start.

However, I don't understand your concerns with Hightower. First of all IMO Hightower fits our offense perfectly. He follows his o-line and bursts through the hole as soon as it opens and he also hits those cutback lanes lanes like he knew that they would be there.

The fact that he hits the openings high is irrelevant. I've noticed that he lowers his pads upon contact (to deliver the blow as well as accept it), just ask Ryan Clark.:)

Helu is quick, fast, and he's got the break away speed. Something needed at the HB position. That being said, he appears to be a bit one dimensional. He took every run to the outside, even if it wasn't a stretch play. So, imo he lacks a bit of ball carrier vision. All that being said he kind of reminds me of a younger reggie bush. So if he doesn't develop into a 1 or 2 hb....then I still think he'll add another dimension in not only the running game but also the passing game over the next few years.

Archived