Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Heisenberg

Just got back. On a scale of 1-10, I'm giving this movie a 6. And that's only because I'm feeling generous.

It would have been better in 3-D. The first hour dragged on, and it was about twenty minutes too long. I realize there hasn't been a ton of great movies out lately, but this isn't one either.

I originally had no interest in seeing this, but went at the behest of a good friend and was pleasantly surprised. I had heard most folks were finding it pretty good, including a number of movie critics who didn't expect it to be good either. Of course, it's more of a "re-imagining" than a remake, though there are several references to the original , including a couple subtle ones. The special effects were well done, and for this kind of flick, the acting, screenplay, cohesion, and development of plot and events were all in the "better than average" category and really much of it was actually quite well done. The production values weren't Big Spectacle over-the-top, but were of superior grade. I can easily see how the next two sequels could be constructed.

Just got back. On a scale of 1-10, I'm giving this movie a 6. And that's only because I'm feeling generous.

It would have been better in 3-D. The first hour dragged on, and it was about twenty minutes too long. I realize there hasn't been a ton of great movies out lately, but this isn't one either.

First person I've heard say that.

Most people I know think 3-D is pretty lame in all but the rarest circumstances.

I can't think of a movie that 3-D has made more appealing besides Avatar.

For me, 3D has been more lame than not 90% of the time. Avatar was one exception, though 2D was perfectly fine (I saw it three ways on the big screen, one being Imax).

Agreed, and this seems to be the consensus from just about everyone I know.

I'm also not sure how this movie would have enhanced by 3D.

Oh well, I guess I shouldn't be shocked that McD5 and I have differing opinions. :ols:

Archived