Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guess the Depth Chart

DCchillin89

I see most have Kelly written off and gone already.

Whilst he obviously has it all to prove still, unless he's abysmal in pre-season, I'll be shocked if he's not one of the wide outs. They kept him around for a reason, and that's the fantastic potential on his talent. Stallworth looking good in fluff open practices is one thing, but the dudes rarely lived upto that high pick he was taken at.

Hail.

QB- Grossman, Beck, 2

HB- Hightower,Torain, Royster, Helu 4

FB- Young, 1 (Kelland Williams on speed dial)

WR- Moss, Gaffney,Armstrong, Hankerson, Paul/Austin, Banks 6

TE- Cooley, Davis, Paulsen 3

T- Williams, Brown, Locklear 3

G- Chester, Lichtensteiger, Hurt 3

C- Montgomery, Hicks, Capers 3

DE- Bowen, Jenkins, Carricker, Golston 4

NT- Cofield, Nield, Bryant 3

OLB- Orakpo, Kerrigan, Rob Jackson, White 4

MLB- Fletcher, Mcintosh, Alexander, Riley, Fox 5

CB-Hall, Wilson, Barnes, Buchanon, Westbrook 5

FS- Atogwe, Moore

SS- Landry, Doughty

K- Gano

P- Rocca

LS- Sunberg

I think Sellers is gone - I have never been impressed with him as a lead blocker or a goal line back . For someone of his size he is not that physical . Paulsen is the better blocker as the third TE .

Stallworth will have to have a really good camp - coupled with a so so camp from the rookies to have a chance to catch onto this roster . He could be this seasons Galloway . He could be there in place of Paul/Banks at least at the start of the season .

I am not overlooking Kelly and Austin, but I think Austin is one of those identikit WRs that we drafted last season . Kelly needs to show he can do it on the field . In practice and OTAs last year he has shown a good work attitude and commitment to improve but he is hurt again this season and it is almost becoming an excuse for people not to cut him - if he cannot play he cannot show he doesn't have what others can offer . I think Gaffney is similar in his role and so far is really shining in camp .

I don't see the point of the third QB unless you have a lot of clipboards OR Unless you are developing players or Unless the no.1. and no.2. are banged up going into the season (Beck might be) then No.3 QB is a luxuary especially now they would be taking up an active roster space on game day ...

Of the shock drops I think there are few and far between, players who I would be shocked about if we let go . Possibly the one player who fits that is Torrain - IF he cannot stay healthy

regarding Banks....he lost 50% of his value by having the kickoffs moved up to the 35 yd line

why do people keep repeating this?

1. because the line has moved up 5 yards, there will be more touchbacks. but because of this, a good return will be even more valuable than last year because there will be less returns (but not every kick is going to be a touchback, which many people seem to think)..additionally, the coverage unit is not allowed their usual running start.

2. last year, i noticed that banks did better on deep kickoffs, perhaps it was due to allowing more time for his blocks to set up? perhaps it was just a coincidence.

2. the new rules are very similar to the rules of the past. and even then, a good kick returner (e.g. brian mitchell) was still valuable.

now as for banks making the team.. i guess we'll see.

sportsjunkie07,

I think moving the kickoff to the 35 may actually make a guy like Banks MORE valuable as returners. Kickoffs will be more like punts now, you won't move relative slowly until you see a seem and then make your break to it, kind of like a RB does in an I formation. You will need to be good at juking through the first wave and creating your own seems.

Archived