Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA WRs vs Randy Moss

gchwood

I agree, so is he 1st ballot or 2nd ballot?

Most skilled WR in NFL history (didn't say best...that distinction goes to Rice)...I'd vote him in 1st ballot. Dude was absolutely unstoppable 1) in his prime 2) when he tried. When he was running a fly and you saw him raise his hand, you knew it was a wrap for the DB.....so fun to watch over the years.

Most skilled WR in NFL history (didn't say best...that distinction goes to Rice)...I'd vote him in 1st ballot. Dude was absolutely unstoppable 1) in his prime 2) when he tried. When he was running a fly and you saw him raise his hand, you knew it was a wrap for the DB.....so fun to watch over the years.
...If his head was in the right place, he could have been better than he was.... I would still say 1st ballot. There's no other better WR than Moss over the past decade.

I say this, his 1998, 2004, and 2007 is 1st ballot worthy. 2007 is when he broke Rice's TD record. I'd vote him in the 1st time around.

I say this, his 1998, 2004, and 2007 is 1st ballot worthy. 2007 is when he broke Rice's TD record. I'd vote him in the 1st time around.

If he only gave his all, he'd have shattered many of Jerry Rice's records.

"I play when I want to play." is a line he'll have a hard time living down because that summed him up perfectly. Blessed with the most God-given talent we've probably EVER seen at the WR position and could have been so much more. It's not like his numbers are terrible because they aren't. As a matter of fact, they are jaw-dropping....but it just sucks that he didn't reach his full potential and was held back because of himself.

Randy Moss is misunderstood. Its not that he 'gave up' Randy is fierecely competitive, but if he realizes he's in a situation where his efforts just aren't gonna make a difference, if he knows the team is losing, he backs it down a bit, why waste the effort. Now I know some say that's heresy, you should go all out all the time, but we forget at times that players are people, and they will have bad games, and sometimes no amount of effort can bring a team back either. I'd take a flyer on Randy and see what he has, if we have a QB who can hit him long. I think he's still better than every receiver on our roster when he's in the game. Let's be honest, aside from Vickmas last year, how many games in the last ten years have we been completely out of? How many have we lost by a TD or less? Too many to count right?

I know some will paint me as a 'Moss apologist', and I can understand that charge. However, this is what you have to consider when you look at Randy. What the FO needs to do is determine what they plan to do this year. A lot of people think we are just retooling, and not in a run, I'm not convinced of that, but Moss could make a huge difference at times. I think he's worth considering, I just don't know if he's what we need.

Randy is not misunderstood by a long shot. Moss is a head case that doesn't play when he doesn't want to play. He has done that his entire career. Remember when he was in Minnesota and he played the Redskins. He took himself out of the game because he couldn't do anything against our defense at that time. So why would I want to have someone like that on my team? So I would pass on him.

Foxsports reports that he is retiring.

So does every one else. It's really a shame about his attitude...he could still be playing for the Patriots. He was practically begging for them to take him back during his short stint in Minny last year.

At least that's the end of this thread. I really can't fathom why anybody thought there was any upside to bringing him in. NOT what a reubuilding team needs.

Moss will get in MUCH earlier than it took Art Monk. As much as I respect Art Monk's game, it's not even comparable.

Let's see. One showed up to work every day, busted his hump on every single play, sacrificed stats for teh team, has three SB rings and at one time had the record for catches in a single season, consecutive games with a reception and career receptions. The other one may have been the most physically gifted WR ever to play but he admittedly didn't play hard on every play, in fact he seemed proud of it. He oftened refused to block and when he did it was half-heartedly. He wouldn't go over the middle and pouted when things didn't go his way. He left in his wake a litany of fired coaches.

One of the two should have been the greatest WR every to play but he'll just have to go down as a great talent, who put up some great numbers but someone who didn't give his all. The other should have been a school teacher but he'll go down as one of the greatest WRs every to wear the burgundy and gold and a true champion.

Let's see. One showed up to work every day, busted his hump on every single play, sacrificed stats for teh team, has three SB rings and at one time had the record for catches in a single season, consecutive games with a reception and career receptions. The other one may have been the most physically gifted WR ever to play but he admittedly didn't play hard on every play, in fact he seemed proud of it. He oftened refused to block and when he did it was half-heartedly. He wouldn't go over the middle and pouted when things didn't go his way. He left in his wake a litany of fired coaches.

One of the two should have been the greatest WR every to play but he'll just have to go down as a great talent, who put up some great numbers but someone who didn't give his all. The other should have been a school teacher but he'll go down as one of the greatest WRs every to wear the burgundy and gold and a true champion.

Again...it's not even comparable. There isn't a chance in **** that Randy Moss will have as long of a wait for the HOF like Art Monk did. I know Monk is a better person and deserved to be there earlier, but fact of the matter is, you can make a case for Moss being the 2nd best WR of all time (and his #'s are INSANE) even with him not trying his hardest.

Again...it's not even comparable. There isn't a chance in **** that Randy Moss will have as long of a wait for the HOF like Art Monk did. I know Monk is a better person and deserved to be there earlier, but fact of the matter is, you can make a case for Moss being the 2nd best WR of all time (and his #'s are INSANE) even with him not trying his hardest.

I don't think Randy Moss will have to be sold to HoF voters the way Monk had to be. That's good for Moss, too, because there isn't a fan base that will go to bat for him the way Redskins fans/alum did for Monk.

He wasn't just a better person. He's a better football player all things considered. When Moss played his hardest he was better but the fact that he didn't try his hardest all the time is a huge black mark. When you are a veteran on a team young players look up to you to see how to act. I don't know how many times that Joe Gibbs said that Art Monk was more valuable in practice than he was in the games and that's saying something. He, Russ Grimm, Joe Jacoby, Monte Coleman among others taught all incoming players how to act and the result can't be downplayed. Randy Moss was a great player when his number was called. But it's no suprrise that he was on a lot of mediocre teams. He practiced and played when he wanted to play thereby creating a horrible situation for his coaches. HIs positive plays were spectacular to behold but his negatives were damning to his team. We as Skins fans should realize the effect that this has on a team.

He wasn't just a better person. He's a better football player all things considered. When Moss played his hardest he was better but the fact that he didn't try his hardest all the time is a huge black mark. When you are a veteran on a team young players look up to you to see how to act. I don't know how many times that Joe Gibbs said that Art Monk was more valuable in practice than he was in the games and that's saying something. He, Russ Grimm, Joe Jacoby, Monte Coleman among others taught all incoming players how to act and the result can't be downplayed. Randy Moss was a great player when his number was called. But it's no suprrise that he was on a lot of mediocre teams. He practiced and played when he wanted to play thereby creating a horrible situation for his coaches. HIs positive plays were spectacular to behold but his negatives were damning to his team. We as Skins fans should realize the effect that this has on a team.

Art Monk was not a better football player than Randy Moss. Look at the NFL top-100 and let me know when you find Monk rated ahead of Moss. Like I said, I RESPECT Monk's game...but he's nowhere near on the same level as Randy Moss.

Archived