Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffingtonPost: Tyler Hadley, Florida Teen, Killed Parents, Then Had A Party: Police

DeaconTheVillain

I think that's a perceptual fallacy. First, Florida is the nation's 4th most populous state, after California, Texas, and New York. So more stories out of Florida than 46 other states doesn't equate to a disproportionate amount. Second, if you read about a crime happening in Illinois, two hours later you forget if it was Illinois or Indiana or maybe Iowa. If it happens in Missouri, the next day you can't remember if it was Missouri or Mississipi or one of those other states in the Middle. Florida is the Sunshine State, the big penis sticking out into the ocean. It has a unique and memorable identity. So news from Florida sticks in the mind.

That, or maybe citric acid from the oranges makes people crazy.

Are you seriously saying that Florida's reputation exists only because it's got a funny shape? What's next, Illinois only has its reputation for corrupt politicians because of Cubs fans?

If they were going to makeup a bs "I was high" excuse, probably should have gone with PCP. Would be a bit more believable, don't you think?

Seriously. "I killed my parents because I was on ecstasy"? Might as well claim that you fell asleep at the wheel because you had snorted cocaine an hour beforehand.

Are you seriously saying that Florida's reputation exists only because it's got a funny shape? What's next, Illinois only has its reputation for corrupt politicians because of Cubs fans?

No, I am not. But I am saying that Florida's unique overall nature - geographically and culturally - as a state is a factor in people remembering it as the origin of news stories they might hear, moreso than other states. So the fact that it is shaped like a gigantic weiner is a factor... a small factor and one of many, but a factor.

No, I am not. But I am saying that Florida's unique overall nature - geographically and culturally - as a state is a factor in people remembering it as the origin of news stories they might hear, moreso than other states. So the fact that it is shaped like a gigantic weiner is a factor... a small factor and one of many, but a factor.

I agree with this. When a crazy story happens out of FL I think people are more likely to remember it. Not to dispute the number of crazies that live in FL.

When my mother told me about this story I was disgusted. Then the bamma had the nerve to be in the process of planning a second party when he was caught. :doh: What is wrong with people these days?

And how about the part where he just covered up their bodies with some books, a lamp, etc ? :doh:

Archived