Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Georgetown Hoyas Basketball Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's the type of win they needed.  

I only saw the second half, but loved the intensity.  Team rebounded very well.  Loved Peak's hustle.  DSR had some huge shots.  Xavier hit a three and cut it to 2 with 11:30 left, and DSR came down and answered with a three.  Then Hayes scored down low.  Campbell with a big game as well, he must have had a big first half.

Quality win.  Need to string together a few more.

Talk about a "go figure" game.

Hoyas are having quite possibly their worst season under JTIII.  Xavier was off to the best start in school history and their highest ever ranking.  The Hoyas got swept in three games by Xavier last year, the Hoyas had not won in the Cintas center yet either.

So of course the Hoyas go in and beat a #5 ranked Xavier.  Could this be a turning point, or just an abnormality?  Time will tell.

Was still nice to see them play well and get the win.  Also JP Macura is trash.

• Like 1

I hate the offense, it is so predictable and stagnant.  Run a few curls at the top with guys standing around, then someone ends up forcing a bad shot.

This team is way too talented to miss the tournament, but somehow JT3 will end up not leading them.  See all my previous posts from years past - I've been done with him for a while.  The team will never progress with him as coach.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bumping for new college basketball season.

Rodney Pryor, transfer from Robert Morris, dropped 32 in his first game.  So far, he's looking legit.  It's only one game though.  Let's see how he does against Maryland.

Zero expectations going into this season.  I do think this team has top 25 potential, but as usual, it comes down to March.  I would like to see Isaac Copeland step up because I think he has NBA star ability.  Also want to see some development from the sophomore class (Derrickson, Johnson, Govan).  Team has talent no doubt.  But can JT3 coach them up?  Always the key question.

The Hoyas Maui experience is going to be something else if the first game was any indication.

Beat #13 ranked Oregon today, but if you watched the game, you just cannot be pleased with what the Hoyas are doing in late game situations.

Quite possibly the dumbest team in the country.  Really hurts me to say that, but after the last three games, the Hoyas do some really dumb stuff on the floor.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I hope they hire an outsider from the program. Time to leave the past behind IMO.

Agreed. Georgetown like the Redskins seems to be obsessed with all things 80s glory days related. Get someone completely unrelated to the program who has proven he can coach. Sorry I'm not sold at all on Patrick Ewing. Go out and get Chris Collins from Northwestern. If you can win there, you can definitely win at Georgetown.

• Like 1