Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WEx - Redskins hold workout

HapHaszard

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/nfl/2011/04/redskins-hold-workout

It wasn’t exactly as intense as a typical Organized Team Activity workout would be with coaches. And the purpose wasn’t just to stay sharp. It was about staying connected as much as it was about going over plays.

Linebacker Lorenzo Alexander said approximately 30 players attended the workout at a local high school – around 20 on offense and 10 on defense. Coaches are not allowed to attend.

“Thirty to 40 guys was our goal and we were close to that,” Alexander said. “You can tell guys are committed and want to change the aura of what’s been going on [in Washington].”

“It was good to get out there and hear the plays and run them and execute them as a team,” receiver Anthony Armstrong said. “Even though it was pretty light and minimal, there’s still a lot that was done. It’ll help us in the long run, whenever the lockout ends we can hit the ground running.

“It’s important to get around the guys and see everybody and be uplifting and to call the plays.”

They will conduct another one Wednesday when more players are expected to participate. Some players still on the mend with injuries showed up as well.

click on the link to continue reading

This should convince all of us that the players in burgandy and gold are serious about the upcoming season (if it happens) getting together and having a training run organised by the players shows me that the mental deficiencies of the last couple of years are done and the players are getting themselves ready all of a suddent that light is bigger and brighter

granthpaulsen A healthy :rolleyes: Malcolm Kelly flew into Ashburn for today's workout. He was one of four WRs on hand. (Armstrong, Banks, Austin). #Redskins

Glad to hear he made it though. I know ppl where up in arms about him not being there yesterday.

Why the eye-roll? You're a pretty negative dude today. All he had was a messed up hammy last year...and that's all he's had since his rookie year. A rookie year in which he only missed three games due to that "chronic" knee problem. You know, that one that hasn't reared its head at all, except in people's minds.

Why the eye-roll? You're a pretty negative dude today. All he had was a messed up hammy last year...and that's all he's had since his rookie year. A rookie year in which he only missed three games due to that "chronic" knee problem. You know, that one that hasn't reared its head at all, except in people's minds.

I will drink the cool aid on his health once he's able to make it through a full training camp and is able to contribute in the regular season. Not trying to be negative, but he's going into his 4th season and haven't bust a grape. So i'd rather keep my arms folded until he actually produces for real.

Archived