Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philips Blu-ray Home Theater problem - Not playing Blu-ray but, plays DVDS??

praise_gibbs

I have a Philips Blu-ray Home Theater system and it does not play most Blu-ray discs. I had tried DVD's in hopes it was a lens issue but, to no avail. The DVD's worked! I have a demo disc, which is Blu-ray, and that works. It's Blu-ray movies that seems to be the issue. I get a " Unable to read Discs" error. The discs are clean and no scratches. I'm going to call Philips support later today when I get a few minutes here at work but, I was curious if anyone else had this problem before or currently?

Side note: These are legit Blu-ray discs. Not burned or black market.

Has the Blu-ray ever worked before? Is so you might have to do updates for the player. Every 6 months or so Blu-ray come out with an update to play the newest movies that come out on blu-ray.

This. Do a search for firmwared updates for your Blu-Ray model. I was able to do the same for my Sharp Blu-Ray player. I had to format a thumb drive and put a update file on it. After that my Blu-Ray player played perfectly.

Zero firmware updates available. I called Philips and they claim that this particular player "does not have enough memory" to play most Blu-ray discs. I have to insert a SD card but since it doesn't have a SD slot, I have to send it away and they'll replace the unit.

Archived